• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Kill/ Death Ratio in Scoreboard

I had a look in my RO/System folder and found I had the ServGame.u file. Here is a download link.

I had a look at the code and it's not a mutator, it's a modified gametype. It extends ROTeamGame, although the modifications are not extensive. Along with the modified scoreboard there's also a modified HUD and PlayerController class.

With the file in your RO/System folder, you need to change your server startup line so that:

game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame

is replaced by

game=ServGame.ServTeamGame

I gave it a quick test and that seemed to work ok.

Upvote 0
I gave it a try on my server, even made ucl file for that to make it properly working - and I have "score" gametype now, but I see no difference from original gametype (only the server lost it "star" as the file system is not whitelisted). Where can I check this ratio you have written above?
BTW where can I find mutator/gametype as used on some servers showing the weapon used by the soldier and for sure there this K/D ratio (because I feel this is not this case)?

Upvote 0
There I was looking first! :D :p
But as I wrote it doesn't differ from ROGame mode's scoreboard a bit (even when server is checked in scoremode gametype, so I thought it was other place, but as you write me - it should be at scoreboard, where it isn't ;)
Maybe something more is needed? texture? other system file?
BTW what about my second question about the "graph" scoreboard with weapons icons and K/D?

Upvote 0
I found ServGame didn't need any other files, including a .ucl file. The change is only simple text, as the screenshot below.

When you say you tried checking scoremode, the only scoremode option I'm aware of is a map voting option in webadmin. But that just means players cast votes for a map based on their own score in the last round instead of one vote each. I realise we may be talking at crossed purposes here !

RO_ServGame.jpg

I think I remember the more complicated scoreboard in your 2nd question. It could be PzD_Game.u, which is another game type. The necessary startup line entry would be game=PzD_Game.PzD_TeamGame. I'm not sure if this is the one you mean, but it certainly shows a detailed scoreboard with icons.

You probably have the necessary PzD files downloaded, maybe in your RO/Cache, but let me know if you need files. It doesn't need a .ucl file. It certainly needs the PzD_ExtendHUD.utx texture file. Not sure if there is reliance on other PzD files - I have lots of them in my folders, but it may run without those, so long as you have PzD_Game.u and PzD_ExtendHUD.utx.

Upvote 0
Thx for the answer. I wouldn't post here if I saw something in scoreboard as on your picture above :) But even the server was in scoremode gametype (and I adjusted the voting "handler" in webadmin) there was a standard scoreboard, so I supposed something more is needed... but if you say is not then I'm in black hole ;)
I hadn't been in PzD servers, so no files have been "acquired" ;)
If you would be so kind and host them for me (for a try) that would be perfect. Don't know if the clan wouldn't mind to use their files in other server (our FightNight one) but just plain try if it is possible to run that gametype is fine. If I'd succeed I try it with one Ostfront FightNight - if there will be any clan objection - the gametype is withdrawn :)

Upvote 0
I passed the PzD Scoreboard, as for having it I would have to install full mutator, that I didn't want to do at first.
BTW I have solution for ServGame, it is working now :)
I put int file into server AND by checking one option by another DISABLED HUD Package working on my server. It's pity those 2 extensions can't work together - I used HUD for long range players name to decrease unwanted teamkills as it's public server, but ok, we will see what people will want - K/D ratio or better sight of team members. THX for the files:)

Upvote 0
Np Nibelungen. To run it you need to change your server startup line, which only the server administrator can do. In the startup command line you just need to replace to game=ROEngine.ROTeamGame with game=ServGame.ServTeamGame.

This will only work with standard RO, not with an RO mods like DH or MN, or with any other game type. This is because there can only be one game type and they aren't compatible with each other unless one game extends from the other.

I don't believe you need to add anything to the .ini file. As you will have made ServGame the new game type, the server loads the file. I expect clients that connect will receive a download of the file too, as I expect the game type file is so critical that it will get added to the servers list of required files. But I can't test this right now as my wife is user her laptop that I need for a 2nd player connection - how dare she ! If I'm wrong and the file doesn't get downloaded to connecting clients then just add ServerPackages=ServGame to the server packages list in the .ini file.

Upvote 0
Very true mate, but from my first post .....
I had a look at the code and it's not a mutator, it's a modified gametype. It extends ROTeamGame.

For BartBear's use, I've been merging the kills/deaths scoreboard from the ServGame gametype with the player name display features from MutROHudPackage that Bart mentioned. With a little extra functionality & some refinements. Because it's gametype based it's been a bit of a pain, as it needs different versions for different RO mods, but it all works ok.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thx again Matt, and briefly - if you will not put the new gamemode in the starting line you just start plain RO (so the first starting map is vanilla RO gametype), but even if you put the fix to the startup line - you still NEED to change gametype in voting config, so when players vote for a new map the server runs it in the new mode, if you will not do that then after the switch it surely goes to vanilla gamemode again.

Upvote 0