• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kicking off 2020 with a couple of Holdout maps.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Its been a while since we had a new holdout style map (and i mean the descend, nightmare and power core style of holdout.... maybe also krampus lair)
    I began liking them more and more because of how it forces random players to work as a team to survive, or perish quickly because they went fudge all like on a normal wide open survival map.

Edit: icing on a cake if a map would have 20 room to randomly choose from, to make rng less predictable and increase maps replayability.

Last edited:
    Claustrophobia much?
    If you hate it, you have an option to avoid it... While some would like to see new maps in holdout style.
    Since normal survival maps tend to get boring simply because of always sticking to one spot yo survive the whole match, while holdout keeps you moving between areas.

The only place i will agree with your burning hatred for cramped space is the sanitarium map.
    It has more choke points than tf2's dustbowl xD

Upvote 0
    I'm a sucker for holdout maps myself! But it is true that they tend to be very cramped... More open versions would be great (if taking more ressources I presume).

That may also be me, but I would love another map like DieSector... Something truly tailored to Endless. Obviously, we don't need twenty maps like that. But one or two more would be cool !

Upvote 0