• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Kicking and Banning Concerns

^ that is actually what i'd like to see
or have admin options embedded into the lobby/squad list (you know where you press on a person to check his profile, mute, vote kick), with admin login you would have extra options available, such as kicking immediately, session banning or just straight up banning.
Exactly what I was asking for. Not too difficult. However the SteamCMD server update is currently so broken they can't even update the game at the moment.

Upvote 0
Say Hello Epic fr**ks
We play in party(3 people) on our server
Atfer one map came one kid from Epic, and start kick vote without reason.
And 30 seconds after round he die, exactly demo gulty in him death, and started kick vote again.
Because admin now spineless amoeba after coming second Epic kid our friend was kicked.
Inpossilbe play on own servers (because three kick after one map)
Nice update, bravo

Last edited:
Reactions: Artemis Entreri
Upvote 0
Buy more!
Rags, panties, weapon reskins with new functions.
And Tripwire will give you a bunch of bugs for every map, even from the community.
Oh yeah, don't forget to shove your opinion deeper into yourself ...
Because they are only interested in money, but not as the opinion of the players playing their craft (just a tool for making money, nothing more) But this is just purely my opinion.
Nobody cares:
1. Toxic Steam users, and newcomers or banned from Epic store
2. Low-level players came into the game an hour ago, but are already striving for Hell on Earth, again epic stor
3. Players with a ping of more than 350, from which everyone starts to lag
4. Trolls deliberately coming to the servers
5. Players who buy weapons not by class and die 30 seconds after the start of the wave (but he has all the skinny and panties from the tripwire)
Of course no need to listen to old players (Hello Killing Floor Community 2009)
You need to listen to the gamblers, that it is difficult for them, that it hurts them, that they collect a lot of collectibles for achievements.
As a result, quit this game like all your previous projects.
P.S. The Killing Floor is still relevant because it has a soul (it's better to play it than this craft for clothes and each weapon for $ 10)

Reactions: Jason Pargin
Upvote 0
Leave the dedicated servers alone.
Why not do it like Left for Dead?
Everyone plays as he wants.
If a person likes to play on official servers OK play here
If like custom servers, mutators OK play here
Jason Pargin can you be more specific what you mean? How does this relate to the issue of not being able to control bad actors on our private and user paid servers? I note that you created your user ID approximately 9 minutes before making this statement.

Upvote 0
To echo myself, we know this isn't an ideal change for admins, and it is only intended to be temporary until a better solution is implemented. But in this case the team decided to err on the side of the better play environment of most players while that work continues.
Temporary would have been 2 weeks, 30 days. You're approaching half a year now. This doesn't stop me from banning IPs on the firewall level, it just makes me question why I spend $50+ a month on servers for a TWI game.

I could previously manage my servers while at work from my phone, ya know boot someone spamming the N word?

I'll probably repurpose my servers for other games in the near future and try forget I ever dealt with this nonsense.

Reactions: Artemis Entreri
Upvote 0
To echo myself, we know this isn't an ideal change for admins, and it is only intended to be temporary until a better solution is implemented. But in this case the team decided to err on the side of the better play environment of most players while that work continues.
These Epic Games players are absolute trash. They keep and sell weapons when team mates die. No sense of community in the game. So so upset that "better play" means being captive to jerk play.

Upvote 0
With the work that has gone into finding another approach for the mass autokicking/ griefing that had been going on, we are hopeful that this change will be ready for the spring update. This would mean that the webadmin kick/ ban feature will return with it.
The damage is already done.

What happens when the same person generates a few thousand servers that don't have adequate resources for proper hosting?

Then just leaves everyone using match making (people actually use it?) so they join lobbies that then crash nearly immediately afterwards?

It'd cost less money in hosting and do even more "damage". That user experience nightmare for you doesn't even require auto-kicking scripts.

Upvote 0
Jason Pargin can you be more specific what you mean? How does this relate to the issue of not being able to control bad actors on our private and user paid servers? I note that you created your user ID approximately 9 minutes before making this statement.
What difference does it make when I am registered?
This is my attitude towards the company producing this craft.

Upvote 0
What you are suggesting would require work as well as there is no system to do such a thing. However we do not want to prevent players from being able to match into community servers entirely. Players do like to matchmake into community servers. That solution would also not address running into a server being moderated to restrictions one may not like on server browser. Especially if they are not posting info about it.

Right now you have to manually IP ban. Check out some guides: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2348233939 , Steam Community :: Guide :: How to ban players since the 8th of December 2020.
So in other words you can't kick / ban someone from the command line who has special characters in their name. IS THIS CORRECT OR NOT??? Why can't you answer the question I asked (not just me but several people).

Upvote 0
Temporary would have been 2 weeks, 30 days. You're approaching half a year now. This doesn't stop me from banning IPs on the firewall level, it just makes me question why I spend $50+ a month on servers for a TWI game.

I could previously manage my servers while at work from my phone, ya know boot someone spamming the N word?

I'll probably repurpose my servers for other games in the near future and try forget I ever dealt with this nonsense.

This. Knowing that an admin could be watching the server at any time was reason enough for most trolls or idiots to not behave in a manner that would get them kicked. Now that they know that admins have been hamstrung they're coming out of the woodwork on an hourly basis.

I've also been asking myself why I keep spending my real world money to support a game and a company that could care less about anything that doesn't relate to directly putting dollars in their pocket. I guess it is time to change that.

Upvote 0
What difference does it make when I am registered?
This is my attitude towards the company producing this craft.
You asked...

I couldn't understand your post. English is full of nuance. Context is everything. When you say "leave the dedicated servers alone" that might mean if you don't like them don't play on them. However it might also mean stop complaining about them. If we had context we could understand. Without a posting history from you we don't know if you are a server host with legitimate concerns (after all this is a dedicated server support conversation), a bystander with an opinion, a tripwire flunkie or a troll. My opinion is that it is inconceivable that a server host would celebrate loss of the ability to get bad actors off his or her server . That makes it unlikely you are a host. Without context we don't understand the nuance of your comment.

It is unlikely that with all the items of interest on the Tripwire forum a server host would create an ID and make a first post which sounds in support of Tripwire's removal of administration control of a server which is privately paid for. So who are you? A server host, a Tripwire employee, a Kool-Aid drinker who is convinced by everything Tripwire says, or a troll? Without history or context we don't know how to interpret your meaning or the motives behind the post. It's clear that most people who posted to this thread are upset by the recent changes to kicking and banning. You appear not to be - why?

Upvote 0
Played with a medic and a firebug today. Medic who died in the wave went looking for her weapon and I knew she wouldn't make the trader. I bought a medic 401 + ammo and put down for the medic. Firebug grabs it, starts wasting the ammo and despite team speak and text the firebug would not drop the 401 for the medic. Kicking and banning cannot be brought back soon enough.

Upvote 0
Played with a medic and a firebug today. Medic who died in the wave went looking for her weapon and I knew she wouldn't make the trader. I bought a medic 401 + ammo and put down for the medic. Firebug grabs it, starts wasting the ammo and despite team speak and text the firebug would not drop the 401 for the medic. Kicking and banning cannot be brought back soon enough.
i mean if you were playing at that moment in a server, you could have just opened the console and kicked the pillock that way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upvote 0
Upvote 0