• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Jul 30, 2020
I would like to see a kick in the game.

- The main purpose of the kick is to quickly push the enemy away;
- Small damage (or no damage);
- Quick attack;

A kick in the legs knocks enemies down (or chance to knock down). A kick to the chest pushes enemies away. Crawlers fly off like soccer balls :). Does not work on large enemies.

What's the benefit of kicking rather than shoving however?

I mean, it would be more satisfying. But gameplay-wise, what could it bring?
Pushing away the enemy to free up space ahead and reload / not be grappled / run / postpone the moment of death ... As I said, the advantage of kick is speed. A kick is faster than a melee attack. Like a Dying Light.

Upvote 0
Easy to report me out of context isn't it?

Doesn't change the fact that whenever we point out your arguments as flawed, you throw a tantrum like a child.

"You don't accept anything out of your own mind". Look who's talking. That's exactly what you've been doing since you joined the forum.

Whatever. I'm done talking to you. Have a pleasant day. Feel free to offer ideas no one will ever give a thought about.

• Love
Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
"Then the question still stand : why would you ever shove the enemy again if kicking is faster? One could say that pushing back zeds with the butt of your gun should push them further... But as it stands, they aren't pushed very far at all. "

Kicking is faster than a melee attack with the butt of a gun. The delay before the kick is less than the delay before the melee attack.
A kick pushes the opponent further than a melee attack.
But the kick does no damage (or does very little damage), unlike a melee attack.

Upvote 0
"Then the question still stand : why would you ever shove the enemy again if kicking is faster? One could say that pushing back zeds with the butt of your gun should push them further... But as it stands, they aren't pushed very far at all. "

Kicking is faster than a melee attack with the butt of a gun. The delay before the kick is less than the delay before the melee attack.
A kick pushes the opponent further than a melee attack.
But the kick does no damage (or does very little damage), unlike a melee attack.
I kind of understand your point, but if it doesn't work on large zeds then is it really beneficial? it might be more fun I guess

Upvote 0
The difference is in the pushing distance.

As I said, the purpose of the kick is not to kill / deal damage, but to push the enemy away, perhaps stun him a little in order to gain time or free up space ahead.
A melee attack stuns the enemy and can kill the scavenger in the head, but does not knock back.
The kick should push the opponent farther away than the melee attack, and the delay before the strike should be less than before the melee attack.

"what's the point of having both? " - Why not?

Upvote 0