• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KFS-FunMap

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
Map Name: Fun Map

Playable: Yes (preferred multiplayer only)

Pictures:
KFFunMapShot1.jpg
KFFunMapShot2.jpg

Description of map: This is just a map to chill out in, away from the zombie apocalypse. You can race around in a race track, do parkour trick jumping, play zombie survival etc...
To play this map (offline), start up KillingFloor, bring down console and type in following ConsoleCommand:
Open KFS-Funmap?Game=DoomPawnsKF.DoomGameType

Map Download/Download Size: [url]http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/KFFunMap.rar[/URL] (6,66 mb)
To play this map you will also need Doom I/II monsters pack:[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36983[/URL]

Credits: This map was originally started by Lethal_Vortex (with the first big room), then I played the map and demanded something more so I wrote some scripts for it (LethalGoo.u) and added the seconds room while at it.
Wildfish car model is from UnWheel mod for UnrealTournament 2004, as for the Medium Tank model is from Command & Conquer: Renegade, so credits for that goes to the respective authors.

Permission: (for LethalGoo.u and the vehicles) You may use it for your own maps/mods, just if you give me credits.

Its the UnrealEngine 2.5 animation and model file. If you installed the SDK and went to the animation browser you'll see a bunch of models along with various animations.

ok, I got that... still haven't figured out how to install, though.

Is it even possible to run this on a normal KF server? or is it necessary to make a new server dedicated solely to that?

the map doesn't show up in my available maps for mapvote, and if I try to make a voting gameconfig option for the doom settings, it breaks perks in everything.

Upvote 0
Is it even possible to run this on a normal KF server? or is it necessary to make a new server dedicated solely to that?

the map doesn't show up in my available maps for mapvote, and if I try to make a voting gameconfig option for the doom settings, it breaks perks in everything.
If you plan to keep perks, then you need an own server for that. But I don't see it as necessary as there's more than enough servers for it.

Reactions: nekuz
Upvote 0
If you plan to keep perks, then you need an own server for that. But I don't see it as necessary as there's more than enough servers for it.

Well I don't care about perk leveling--it's a 24-player server, so that's disabled anyway... but I do care about players being able to select their perks when they DO play on a normal map. As it stands, even just setting up an option to vote gameconfig for SP Doom breaks them across the board, so you can't see or select any perks except at the trader menu, and there it's all lvl 0.

Upvote 0
kwel working now so next question :p can sumn tell me how some servers set a spawn lvl 6 setting... perks dont work in funmap so can i somehow make ppl spawn lvl 6 with their weapons? thx in advance ppl

they use the perk replacement mutator and have the perks as level6. you can select to use anywhere from 0-6 via server admin controls.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37999[/URL]

it's nice to have it running so that you've got a weapon besides your knife and 9mm right from the start so you can play the marioA or zombie survival games without having to complete the other games to collect weapons.

Upvote 0
but then there is no point in doing parkours:p

at least for those who can actually complete them :D i've got no problem beating em to get the weapons i need, but some people are just bad at the other games and want to go straight to the mario and zombie games. it hurts to watch a guy fail 20 times in a row on the log jump and just rage quit lol. the plasma gun really makes the trip worth it though :eek:

Upvote 0