• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

KFS-FunMap

Marco

May 23, 2009
Finland
Map Name: Fun Map

Playable: Yes (preferred multiplayer only)

Pictures:

Description of map: This is just a map to chill out in, away from the zombie apocalypse. You can race around in a race track, do parkour trick jumping, play zombie survival etc...
To play this map (offline), start up KillingFloor, bring down console and type in following ConsoleCommand:
Open KFS-Funmap?Game=DoomPawnsKF.DoomGameType

Map Download/Download Size: [url]http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/KFFunMap.rar[/URL] (6,66 mb)
To play this map you will also need Doom I/II monsters pack:[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36983[/URL]

Credits: This map was originally started by Lethal_Vortex (with the first big room), then I played the map and demanded something more so I wrote some scripts for it (LethalGoo.u) and added the seconds room while at it.
Wildfish car model is from UnWheel mod for UnrealTournament 2004, as for the Medium Tank model is from Command & Conquer: Renegade, so credits for that goes to the respective authors.

Permission: (for LethalGoo.u and the vehicles) You may use it for your own maps/mods, just if you give me credits.

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
awesome! i have to thank you for this map because it's provided me the most fun i've had with KF in the last 4-5 months. it's simple, shameless FUN......oh and some of the mini games are very, VERY addicting. :D

this will seriously keep me busy until the next KF/HOS update :)

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
The zombie survival game must have to a long time to code and make! Its just 3 rooms that seem to infinitely go on and on but its simple use of teleporters and volumes...

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
Its the UnrealEngine 2.5 animation and model file. If you installed the SDK and went to the animation browser you'll see a bunch of models along with various animations.

Colonel Panic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 5, 2009
Its the UnrealEngine 2.5 animation and model file. If you installed the SDK and went to the animation browser you'll see a bunch of models along with various animations.
ok, I got that... still haven't figured out how to install, though.

Is it even possible to run this on a normal KF server? or is it necessary to make a new server dedicated solely to that?

the map doesn't show up in my available maps for mapvote, and if I try to make a voting gameconfig option for the doom settings, it breaks perks in everything.

Marco

May 23, 2009
Finland
Is it even possible to run this on a normal KF server? or is it necessary to make a new server dedicated solely to that?

the map doesn't show up in my available maps for mapvote, and if I try to make a voting gameconfig option for the doom settings, it breaks perks in everything.
If you plan to keep perks, then you need an own server for that. But I don't see it as necessary as there's more than enough servers for it.

Reactions: nekuz

Colonel Panic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 5, 2009
If you plan to keep perks, then you need an own server for that. But I don't see it as necessary as there's more than enough servers for it.
Well I don't care about perk leveling--it's a 24-player server, so that's disabled anyway... but I do care about players being able to select their perks when they DO play on a normal map. As it stands, even just setting up an option to vote gameconfig for SP Doom breaks them across the board, so you can't see or select any perks except at the trader menu, and there it's all lvl 0.

lethalvortex

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
i have this map for my server link might works for yours to. can unlock doors that go into doom story & funmap.

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
You don't install the file, you drag it to its correct folder depending on its extension (eg- UKX goes in Animations)

nekuz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2010
kwel working now so next question :p can sumn tell me how some servers set a spawn lvl 6 setting... perks dont work in funmap so can i somehow make ppl spawn lvl 6 with their weapons? thx in advance ppl

Olivier

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
kwel working now so next question :p can sumn tell me how some servers set a spawn lvl 6 setting... perks dont work in funmap so can i somehow make ppl spawn lvl 6 with their weapons? thx in advance ppl
Why would you need the perks anyway? o_O

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008

they use the perk replacement mutator and have the perks as level6. you can select to use anywhere from 0-6 via server admin controls.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37999[/URL]

it's nice to have it running so that you've got a weapon besides your knife and 9mm right from the start so you can play the marioA or zombie survival games without having to complete the other games to collect weapons.

KingJoker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2009
Far Far Away
I get the doom2 shotgun off that flying platform :D, and steal ammo.

*!!!!But could you guys add a larger race track/ but instead of a racetrack a flat plain? SO we could basically have demolition derbies? or demolition derbie races :p

just think it would be a cool addition :eek:...

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
but then there is no point in doing parkours:p
at least for those who can actually complete them :D i've got no problem beating em to get the weapons i need, but some people are just bad at the other games and want to go straight to the mario and zombie games. it hurts to watch a guy fail 20 times in a row on the log jump and just rage quit lol. the plasma gun really makes the trip worth it though :eek: