• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF's British idioms explained

I have to say I like the fact that a lot of British slang has been used in KF, however I can't stand cockney rhyming slang. Let's face it anyone who actually uses it is automatically a tosser. Could have done without it :p

i agree, particularly with the new age mockney slang that ppl have made up recently, of which there's quite a lot on the OP's list.
My family's roots are east London and Hammersmith in the inner west but never used rhyming slang - although they had some great sayings and slang phrases.
I was brought up on the South western suburban edge of London - sitcom land - but i'm always amazed by ppl in this area who put on a forced London accent and use/make up crap rhyming slang.

Upvote 0
i agree, particularly with the new age mockney slang that ppl have made up recently, of which there's quite a lot on the OP's list... a forced London accent and use/make up crap rhyming slang.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it as much as you do, I only aimed for as complete a list as possible, since the specific origins of each of the phrases probably don't concern your average reader.

Upvote 0
If they somehow managed to toss in a strong Irish accent without it seeming unbelievable, I would love tripwire forever.

republic or N.I.?
it would be weird hearing a eire accent from a guy in british army or police uniform, thou there's apparently more ppl from the republic joining the british army than before...not sure about the met

Upvote 0
republic or N.I.?
it would be weird hearing a eire accent from a guy in british army or police uniform, thou there's apparently more ppl from the republic joining the british army than before...not sure about the met
Irish Rangers... Connaught Rangers... been serving with the British Army for a long time!

Upvote 0