• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KFRandomItemSpawn

SIMOX

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Lithuania
Fired up SKD after 2 years of break and thought will finish my Minecraft map. However i can't make Random items spawn inside of the chests. I can spawn ammo, cash, nades or specific weapon pickups inside the welded chests and pick them up if collision radius is about 50 and their physics set to howering.

Now KFRandomItemSpawn actor actually spawned some stuff for me but i wasn't able to pick them up since collision radius of the pickup probably was lower than 50. I did set 50 collision radius for randomitemspawn but that doesn't seem to do anything. Also it doesn't seem to spawn other pickups than those default ones.

Thought it would be fun to spawn random stuff around the map in chests that ppl would have to unweld first. But it has to be random. I can't focus on the map since things like these keep bothering me.

Also what's with coronas and bullets being the same thing? bBlockZeroExtentTraces if true not just stops bullets but also coronas. So no coronas through the glass i guess.

Fired up SKD after 2 years of break and thought will finish my Minecraft map. However i can't make Random items spawn inside of the chests. I can spawn ammo, cash, nades or specific weapon pickups inside the welded chests and pick them up if collision radius is about 50 and their physics set to howering.

Now KFRandomItemSpawn actor actually spawned some stuff for me but i wasn't able to pick them up since collision radius of the pickup probably was lower than 50. I did set 50 collision radius for randomitemspawn but that doesn't seem to do anything. Also it doesn't seem to spawn other pickups than those default ones.

Thought it would be fun to spawn random stuff around the map in chests that ppl would have to unweld first. But it has to be random. I can't focus on the map since things like these keep bothering me.

Also what's with coronas and bullets being the same thing? bBlockZeroExtentTraces if true not just stops bullets but also coronas. So no coronas through the glass i guess.
KFRandomItemSpawn Only Spawn Random items (7), so you can't add more, but you can use mutator to do this.
you need change KFRandomItemSpawn Default Pickup item, but you can't change Prop of those Pickup, mutator can do this too.

Upvote 0