KFlevelrules Mut

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
I'd like to have a Mutator available that will change the spawn period interval setting in the KFlevelrules actor class in the map. And if a map doesnt have it, the Mut's setting will ammend on the map anyway for the spawn period interval.

The spawn period interval on that actor class controls how much time between spawns the spawns must wait before spewing out new zeds, Id like to set all those to a very low number to make the spawns basically instant and constant to make it more challenging, but I dont really want to have to edit every map and put it on a server to be able to play it like that online.

Is this easy to accomplish? I can edit existing code, and compile, but I dont have scripting experience with understanding what Im doing on my own lol

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
It seems like it might have that in there, though it could be something else. Isnt that mutator only able to run through serverperks mut, therefore Id not be able to use my perks if i use it?

Gooblaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2010
It seems like it might have that in there, though it could be something else. Isnt that mutator only able to run through serverperks mut, therefore Id not be able to use my perks if i use it?

Yeah it is in there, i use it to increase the spawn rate on my server.
Even if you custom coded your own mutator, you would have to submit it for whitelisting in order for your Steam perks to work.

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
True deal, I think ill download this and copy the lines out of it that affect spawn interval, and compile it to a new mutator. Id rather wait for it to be whitelisted or approved of in some way then lose my perks cause i need to run through serverperks. Good info though, think that solved my question

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
Ok, I made it and it works beautifully. Im gonna add it so you can change the float value so that you can make a custom spawn time rather than a set one. I feel like a genius for copying and modifying some code lol. Just glad I was able to make it. Ill release it for whitelisting/greylisting very soon

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
The most beauty of ScrN implementation is not a config variable, but
Code:
mvote BORING
which raises spawn rate twice on player request.

You can wait up to several years for whitelist approval, so I recommend just to forget about Steam perks.

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
if thats the case, i will just save to different versions of each map that i want to have a faster spawn rate, rather than using a mut.
The mutator doesnt show up on the list in solo, is that because its not approved at all?

Oh, nevermind, its in the group name, like the maps need to have a KF prefix

Last edited:

nd2spd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 24, 2011
Vic Australia
www.facebook.com
Should submit it for whitelist anyways, provided it only decreases spawn interval and makes the game more challenging.
No harm in trying, and if it gets whited then it'll be good news for everyone.

GrayveRose

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2011
soundcloud.com
I finished it, had to figure out how to make customizable options in the menu. Working finished now, with a range between 0-10 seconds on the interval you can set in the mut options. Ill submit it for whitelisting now