• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2. Steam only, or Retail too?

Blasphemer

Apr 23, 2013
I would like to ask whether KF2 willl be a Steam only based release or whether it will come out also in physical disc form.

I like to get my games at retail form rather as steam accounts only (I am an old gamer, my own peculiarity I suppose).If the game is not intended to come out in a disc, then I will proceed to buy the early release access, since there willl be no point in waiting.

If there is a DVD version however, I would prefer to wait a bit to get it.Hence is my earlier question.I know it might be too much to ask for Tripwire to reveal at this time.However I would really like some official comment on this one.

When the game is fully released months from now, it will likely be available for PC in physical disc form. However, during Early Access, it will not. If you're looking to just wait, we're talking nearly the end of the year before you'll see a disc. Unless you're extremely opposed to just downloading it - and at this point, it's only around 5 GB - I'm not sure I see any point in waiting.

Upvote 0
Have a follow up question. Will Day 1 EA be limited to just Steam purchases or will it be one of those titles that can be purchased from GameStop/Amazon? Seems like EA games are 50/50 in this area and I unfortunately have gift cards I've been saving for both.

Would cash in the $50 Amazon card to Steam Wallet except Valve is overcharging for the gift cards.

Upvote 0