• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 in EA and TWI announces they are working on another game?

2pikachuno

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2015
I watched the E3 video and am psyched for the new Rising storm game but I am really concerned about if this is/might be effecting the KF2 updates also.

Is TWI working on 2 games at once? If so why?

Convince me why should I not go and ask for a refund on KF2 right now when I have just been shown that TWI is not putting 100% of their focus on the game they have in EA?

Players have already been dropping KF2 pretty fast so it makes no sense to me why they would announce ANYTHING that wasn't KF2 related at E3 thats going to shift everyones focus onto a different game then to hype everyone up about the game they have in front of them already? TWI showed off community made maps at E3 in their video which literally make no sense to me. Players should want to see what TWI is making, not what the community is making for their game to help pass the time and accept it as a substitute for a KF2 update.

What advantage is their to announcing your making another game while your in the middle of working on a game that is in EA?

I understand that TWI wants their updates to be released as fully polished with little to no error/glitches in them (Demonstrated to me from the manor map update) and to do something like that does indeed take time. TWI wants to take EA seriously but its hard to take TWI seriously when they show something like this.

"Heres some cool stuff coming in our EA game that has no hope anymore of having much players so we are gonna half *** the rest of the content since players already got refunds SO HERES OUR COOL NEW GAME COMING OUT!"

This is what I'm getting from that whole E3 interview.

Please explain this to me.
Why announce another game?

Because these guys are making RS2:
http://www.antimattergames.com/

/thread

so tripwire is just producing it, what's the point of that.
at least it's not red orchestra 3 because i'm guessing rising storm 2 will be a test for anti matter games and if they do well i think tripwire will get them to make another game.
i hope it be like red orchestra 2 but with more updated features and such.

Upvote 0
Well, AMG did most of the work for Rising Storm as well. Tripwire put a lot of work into RS as well, but it was mainly AMG's project. AMG also did a lot of work for the last couple of KF1 updates. Calling them just a mod team is not giving them enough credit. They are a full-fledged development team with a lot of talent. They are essentially Tripwire UK.

Upvote 0
Well, AMG did most of the work for Rising Storm as well. Tripwire put a lot of work into RS as well, but it was mainly AMG's project. AMG also did a lot of work for the last couple of KF1 updates. Calling them just a mod team is not giving them enough credit. They are a full-fledged development team with a lot of talent. They are essentially Tripwire UK.

Well said.:IS2:

Upvote 0
I watched the E3 video and am psyched for the new KF2 game but I am really concerned about if this is/might be effecting the RO2 updates also.

Convince me why should I not go and ask for a refund on RO2 right now when I have just been shown that TWI is not putting 100% of their focus on the game they have in EA?

Players have already been dropping RO2 pretty fast so it makes no sense to me why they would announce ANYTHING that wasn't RO2 related at E3 thats going to shift everyones focus onto a different game then to hype everyone up about the game they have in front of them already? TWI showed off community made maps at E3 in their video which literally make no sense to me. Players should want to see what TWI is making, not what the community is making for their game to help pass the time and accept it as a substitute for a RO2 update.

What advantage is their to announcing your making another game while your in the middle of working on a game that is in EA?

I understand that TWI wants their updates to be released as fully polished with little to no error/glitches in them (Demonstrated to me from the manor map update) and to do something like that does indeed take time. TWI wants to take EA seriously but its hard to take TWI seriously when they show something like this.

"Heres some cool stuff coming in our EA game that has no hope anymore of having much players so we are gonna half *** the rest of the content since players already got refunds SO HERES OUR COOL NEW GAME COMING OUT!"

This is what I'm getting from that whole E3 interview.

Please explain this to me.
Why announce another game?

I fixed your quote.
To hell with Killing Floor. We want RED ORCHESTRA 2 content. Rising Storm 2 is GREAT news. Killing Floor is meh....at best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I fixed your quote.
To hell with Killing Floor. We want RED ORCHESTRA 2 content. Rising Storm 2 is GREAT news. Killing Floor is meh....at best.

Why would TWI waste more money and development time manufacturing free content on a game that is virtually dead?.... As much as I enjoyed RO2 TWI blew it with that one. They admitted they made mistakes and have thus moved on. To expect more content in RO2 though is like expecting EA to release a new mappack for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Upvote 0

Convince me why should I not go and ask for a refund on KF2 right now when I have just been shown that TWI is not putting 100% of their focus on the game they have in EA?

If you think a company can only possibly work on one game at a time or doesn't begin planning/work on another game while finishing up another you don't have much vision/clue.

While I'm sure KF2 will be good for TWI and KF's fans, there are lots of people who care little to none for the game and would much rather enjoy Red Orchestra 2 and its expansions.

As to your question, since they seem to be working on two games at once, I suggest you ask for a refund and quite playing a game which you would most likely enjoy (you don't make much sense do you?)

~~EDIT: Sorry for the 'negative' attitude, but if you think about it, is that really a reason to go all negative on TWI?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why would TWI waste more money and development time manufacturing free content on a game that is virtually dead?.... As much as I enjoyed RO2 TWI blew it with that one. They admitted they made mistakes and have thus moved on. To expect more content in RO2 though is like expecting EA to release a new mappack for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Doesn't have to be free, and they are spending time AND money helping develop Rising Storm 2.

What? Well why didn't ye just say so? 8D
You heard the man TW, he doesn't like KF so I guess yall can only make content for RO now.
Sorry Killing Floor :0

You so silly.

Also, was being generally sarcastic. Personally I could care less about Killing Floor series. I'm sure it's a decent game, I just dont like Coop kill waves of hordes. Not my game. But I understand TWI business model, gotta make money somehow. I was just rebutting OP. :)

Upvote 0
While I'm sure KF2 will be good for TWI and KF's fans, there are lots of people who care little to none for the game and would much rather enjoy Red Orchestra 2 and its expansions.
Haha, this is gold.

You do realise that it's easier to say the same for KF2, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure that KF has outsold RO, and in the long run KF2 will probably outsell RO2.

They are both popular, money-making franchises for TWI, and the two IPs they concentrate on. Why would they exclude one in favour of the other?

Use your head, and don't be so selfish.

Upvote 0
They are both popular, money-making franchises for TWI, and the two IPs they concentrate on. Why would they exclude one in favour of the other?

Use your head, and don't be so selfish.

Use your head and some reading comprehension because if you actually read what I wrote, I'm saying exactly what you accuse me of not saying.

If you think a company can only possibly work on one game at a time or doesn't begin planning/work on another game while finishing up another you don't have much vision/clue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0