• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 force me to use the 360 controller

If I join a game, the player continually turn on himself.

The game has no dead zone for the sticks whatsoever they do not want to agree with the fact that it causes problem for lot of PC player who play KF2 with keyboard/mouse combo but have controller pluged-in, there are problems with xbox controller too for example if I just have one of mine plugged, it slightly strafe to the left continuously.. old and new controller have same result for me, so if your controller has a slight microscopic deviation in the stick (the component may come from same factory but there are minor differences in every parts) it will have some weird behavior in game.. and as TWI staff do not see this problem with their own hardware/controller, the problem doesn't exist..

In the meantime disable joystick support for KF2

\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFEngine.ini
AllowJoystickInput=0

It should work. The are maybe other settings too in the KFInput.ini file to set a dead zone (if you do not want to fully disable controller support) because I'm pretty sure there is no dead zone and this is why you have problems with your game, which detects inputs from controller so it goes with the Xbox / controller buttons in menu.

Upvote 0