• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF1 Manor

KillMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
kTJYlZ1.png

Description:
This is a complete port of the "Killing Floor 1 Manor" map. Original textures have been enhanced and edited to fit the new Killing Floor 2 render engine. The original KF1 trader functionality has also been recreated to the best of my ability.
PUwX5f3.png

hJwENux.png

Spoiler!

tSiNmNk.png

Spoiler!

TjPUh9O.png

Spoiler!
lbqsQnQ.png
SPG5yP7.png

Known Problems:
Spoiler!

Why is the map as big as it is? This is a pretty long read, so get comfy.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
infntnub;n2153482 said:
Aren't there already several west london maps out there? :confused:

Haha the are a bunch of West London maps. But know have yet sufficed in being THE West London map. I think Kill Master can deliver on that with his will to make sure it's like the original. Attention to detail is top notch. Not to speak down on the others. They're fun to play on. But it's not quite KF1 WestLondon. xP

Upvote 0
MrRavens;n2265472 said:
Haha the are a bunch of West London maps. But know have yet sufficed in being THE West London map. I think Kill Master can deliver on that with his will to make sure it's like the original. Attention to detail is top notch. Not to speak down on the others. They're fun to play on. But it's not quite KF1 WestLondon. xP

Its easy to do an exact copy of the orginal KF map, I could have done the original westlondon in about 3 days exporting the content from KF1 but with KF2 its has a different feel to it so thought the map could use some changes and updating :)

On a different note nice job on Manor looks very nice.

Upvote 0
So I had originally written a response, however held off on posting it as I was pretty ticked off at the time. Normally it’s inconsequential when a random individual comes along and says something like this:
-MGS- Sniper;n2265480 said:
Its easy to do an exact copy of the orginal KF map, I could have done the original westlondon in about 3 days exporting the content from KF1 but with KF2 its has a different feel to it so thought the map could use some changes and updating :)

On a different note nice job on Manor looks very nice.
That being said when it comes from a fellow mapper, it tends to rub me the wrong way (especially if I’ve already had an exhausting day)

As a personal note to -MGS- Sniper.
I know your goal wasn’t to come off as a jerk, and it’s my fault for taking it that way, so no hard feelings. :)

However in spite of that I have decided to add my original comment in a spoiler, since I still think it offers a good insight into the long and arduous process that is porting a map from KF1 to KF2. (even though it may be somewhat strongly worded)
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Hi reading through your spoiler seems I may have come across the wrong way and was not referring to your version anyways. Secondly yes in 3 days I could port over the whole London map with textures, I never stated that it would be finished as in lighting etc.. Also I was referring to duplicate the existing and not improving textures etc.. Maybe we have different ways of doing things as there are so many ways but I just wanted to make from scratch.

If I came across as a "Jerk" then I apologise it was not meant in that context.

In addition I never used Precomp vis as it mainly designed for Mobile platforms if draw distances are set it works fine anyways and it culling is worked out regardless providing points are set right, IMO PreVis just wastes more compute time when building. I done the same map with and without (but culling and occlusion set properly) PreVis and there was NO difference.

With materials you can make just one base with most options you require and then just instance it how you like it.

Upvote 0
-MGS- Sniper;n2265586 said:
Hi reading through your spoiler seems I may have come across the wrong way and was not referring to your version anyways. Secondly yes in 3 days I could port over the whole London map with textures, I never stated that it would be finished as in lighting etc.. Also I was referring to duplicate the existing and not improving textures etc.. Maybe we have different ways of doing things as there are so many ways but I just wanted to make from scratch.

In addition I never used Precomp vis as it mainly designed for Mobile platforms if draw distances are set it works fine anyways and it culling is worked out regardless providing points are set right, IMO PreVis just wastes more compute time when building. I done the same map with and without (but culling and occlusion set properly) PreVis and there was NO difference.

With materials you can make just one base with most options you require and then just instance it how you like it.

I am sure your a very capable person and you'd be able to figure your own way to port a KF1 map to KF2 SDK, But I highly doubt you'd be able to pull it in three days. Speaking as guy who hex edited and tweaked the KF1 editor to export the maps for KillMaster. It ain't easy to as there are several limitations to consider due to KF being on a very old and heavily modded UE2 engine.

If it was something that could be done in three days, I would imagine that there would be tons of ports of KF1 maps at this point.

As for precomputed visibility, it is very temperamental as far a proper implementation goes. If done properly it can reduce the cpu load and allow higher fps, especially for bottle-necked systems. Considering this engine is already being pushed to the limit it is just another tool to gain overhead.

Upvote 0
Ducky;n2265619 said:
Please stop that ^^^ discussion before people are getting sore faces!
Please turn back to the topic of this thread.
Many thanks!

ps: and also no "I want to say my last word" posts.

Sure, sorry your thread killmaster was a bit derailed, in regards to manor I had a game with some friends and very nicely done, it revived some very fond memories.

would defo recommend!

Upvote 0
-MGS- Sniper;n2265586 said:

Oh for sure. :)

Upvote 0
One Man Gaming;n2275481 said:
Just a little gameplay on HoE with a Sharpie. Too bad the map is laggy for me, dont know about you. Thanks!

Awesome video. XD
And I’m sorry about the frame rate issues, you’re not the only one. I've had problems with this map since I released it.
The problems in question are completely my fault and are *probably* going to take a complete "re-port" of the geometry, something I’m not particularly looking forward to.

That being said I’ve learned from my mistakes and won't be making them again. :)

Upvote 0
The map is brilliant & I thank you for making it possible in KF2. I do however seem to get a sluggish feel when playing it... I've played it both solo & online but there remains a slight feel of micro stuttering. I am not a mapping/modding profi by any means so I cannot assume to help conjecture what would be the cause but just thought it worth mentioning.

As you seem to be the best in KF1 maps being diligently brought to KF2 I'd also like to make a request: FilthsCross & Aperture

Thanks in advance & thanks for your contributions to the mapping community.

Upvote 0
Performance on this map sadly is horrible.

I am playing on 980gtx with an i7 4790k and this map brings my game to the mid 20's, sometimes even under 20 with poison gas.

I of course am playing on Ultra with only a body count of 50, but most of the custom maps and the official ones i have played so far still gave me a much much smoother experience.

Upvote 0