• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF1 Foundry

KillMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
3Clpr83.jpg

Description:
This once abandoned factory is now occupied by the Horzine blue-collar workforce. For years Horzine has kept this facility a secret, and kept it off public records. They've been producing chemicals and weaponry for their private military and stock piling for something evil... more evil than what they've already unleashed on the world.

This map is a 1 to 1 port from the Killing Floor 1 version.
The map has however received a major bump in graphical quality in order to show off the power of the newer Unreal Engine 3 platform.
Lighting as well as material shaders have been improved to meet current day AAA game standards.
(At least with what's possible with UE3.)
ZkOSxY3.png

2d3sgji.png

Spoiler!

4pHg0wY.png

Spoiler!

vV00HPY.png

Spoiler!
Q9Z5fyT.png
q05zeIF.png

Known Problems:
Spoiler!

Why is the map as big as it is? This is a pretty long read, so get comfy.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: clconx
Gonna test it as soon as the map has downloaded, but looking at the pictures you did a great job!

Regarding the improved materials, do you mind if other mappers use them on their projects? Then again they are technically Tripwires textures anyway, but theres still the extra work you put into them. Not sure if I have any need for any of them now or ever but the more materials we have at our disposal the better. It gets a little tiresom looking at the same ones in every map.

Upvote 0
mikkou;n2291758 said:
Gonna test it as soon as the map has downloaded, but looking at the pictures you did a great job!

Regarding the improved materials, do you mind if other mappers use them on their projects? Then again they are technically Tripwires textures anyway, but theres still the extra work you put into them. Not sure if I have any need for any of them now or ever but the more materials we have at our disposal the better. It gets a little tiresom looking at the same ones in every map.

I have no issue with other people using the shaders I created for Foundry.

However I would like to make it known that most of the shaders being used in Foundry are more taxing on the GPU than Tripwire's stock shaders so people should be careful where, and how much they use them.

Upvote 0