• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Zedsplosion (DESTROY THE WORLD!)

Seanchaoz

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 29, 2016
Denmarkia
www.synchaoz.com
DESTROY THE WORLD!
PHRKr9ah.jpg

...and everything that stands in your way (possibly yourself).

YouTube trailer:

A highly volatile map where you REALLY need to watch not only your own aim, but also that of your team mates AND the zed. Because the whole place is littered with highly explosive elements that deal *massive* damage to players and zeds within their blast radius.

Ej12AQjl.jpg

HboWtQ2l.jpg

TRKivgpl.jpg

aane1XJl.jpg

sVFIRdEl.jpg

More screens here: http://imgur.com/a/KG9tm

Design notes: It's a small and simple map, I made it in 4 days (roughly 15 hours of work), so it isn't highly detailed nor is there a whole lot to it other than the destructive element. But the map lives on this. Personally, I find it one of the most fun maps I've made to date simply because blowing up a car next to throngs of zed and seeing their body parts flying all over the place is INSANELY satisfying! I can play it over and over, especially when using cheats and slowing down time - try it!

Also this map is borderline perfect for griefing in multiplayer due to the exploding elements hurting players. See a fellow team mate pass by a nitro tank? Shoot it and watch him splatter across the walls, and then probably shout at you over voice coms. Hey, I don't dictate how to play the map, I'm just warning you that this is a thing :p

For the technically interested, the explosions use custom destructibles tied to pain causing volumes that trigger a kismet event which enables the volume to deal 1 instance worth of damage and then disables it again (to prevent continuous damage after the mesh is destroyed).

The small barrels deal 200 explosive damage, the cars deal 900 and the big nitro tanks deal 1600. So players can survive a blast from the small barrels depending on their armor/health/perks, but cars and nitro tanks will instagib you on the spot.

WARNING: Zed projectiles can detonate the explosives as well, so be VERY careful when fighting bosses or husks, as their projectiles may just blow up the cover you are trying to hide behind, killing you in the process! Bloat bile and siren screams do not trigger explosions, so you don't have to worry about those.

Thanks DT! I did shout a warning to you just seconds before Patty blew up your cover xD

@Scarb: Wonderful video, I had a grand laugh watching it and as always you bring up valuable and sensible feedback. I will be giving the map a design pass for version 1.1, reworking the zed spawn tunnels and adding some new "special" barrels that explode with more unique effects.

Upvote 0