• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

what happens if the broodmother would be x3 the Size of a normal Crawler, slower and with more HP, and he spawns a normal Size Crawlers..
somethimes when i fire to the little crawlers they are bugg and no one can kills them except with a granade or a m79, there is the solution for this i think..

i'm sorry for my english dude..

Really? I can kill them with anything, except the knife. (You can step on the them too. :p)

Upvote 0
Don't go Berserk! Here's an early vid of some upcoming melee changes. Keep in mind, this is only a very early (but fully functional) prototype to prove that it can work.

YouTube - Chainsaw: Ironsights Lunge

In addition to the usual primary/secondary attacks, melee weapons will be given a third (and maybe even fourth) action. The first comes from using Ironsights. Most of these ideas are geared towards giving Berserkers a broader depth of close-combat options and flexibility within their weapon set. The Masters of Melee will have a few new tricks up their blood-stained sleeves.

I haven't felt out the limits of what's possible with this, but here's a few ideas I'm looking at:

• Rushing / Lunging attacks
  • throwing melee weapons
  • Gears of War -style chainsaw executions
  • Dodging & sprinting
  • Wide slashes that hit multiple targets in an arc.
  • Complex action-points keyed to your velocity or other variables within the same action
    • moving forward and using ironsights lunges and attacks
    • moving backward and using ironsights leaps back out of reach

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excellent work and a fun mod!
I ran this on one of my dedicated servers over the weekend and here are a couple of things that we discovered:
The perk selection:
Players didn't like that you cannot change perks each wave
As you've already stated, perk selection is bugged - At the end of a game when mapvote popped open, the perk selection menu popped open over mapvote and you could not close it.

The biggest problem that drove people away are the hitboxes on the broodlings - they seem bugged. Sometimes you can kill them quite easily and sometimes they are very difficult to kill with all weapons.

Getting the bugs worked out with the perk system and the broodlings would allow for this to get more playtime.... at least on my server.

DeeZNutZ

Upvote 0
As you've already stated, perk selection is bugged - At the end of a game when mapvote popped open, the perk selection menu popped open over mapvote and you could not close it.
DeeZNutZ

well ffs! I thought I had that problem taken care of as it didn't crop up during the final batch of testing. F***!

Well, I'll see if I can't work up some kind of hotfix for that... Something that may be an option for you as an immediate stop gap: turn off map voting. That being said, I'm working on it, give me a bit.

edit: patch upload NOW

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I installed the mutation and try to lit the zeds with the firebug's vertical fireaxe slash, but they didn't lit =/

Did I do something wrong-?

You probably weren't in a :IS2: at the time, it explains why. JK I'm not sure if this is true but I think after a number of hits the flame function will activate :D either that or you have to be a firebug :S

Upvote 0
The way BEEEEEES described the Fireaxe ignite was like this : First you have to be a firebug. Second start the attack on the ground then jump, and as you are coming down from that jump, and hit, it should ignite. I have done it before and it is a little challenging but its mostly timing.

Upvote 0
Update...

Update...

At the moment BEEEEEES and I are testing out some new content BEEEEEES came up with while in a dream. (lol) But somehow some poor guy got onto our test server and was confused about what was going on. Sadly his stay did not last long as a Flesh Pounder found his flesh and thus pounded it.

Atm, if you come across our test server by one means or another...be aware that it is not a safe place. I'm not saying 'do not join' just saying 'join with caution' :D

Upvote 0
Introducing the Perk Poker Knife!

KillingFloor2010-08-0419-20-49-16.jpg

The new way to swap perks for the WTFmut for Killing Floor is quite sharp. Allows players to swap perks by switching to the Perk Poker Knife in the 5th weapon group. Just attack and you can swap your perk as many times as you want! But you can only change perks during trader time. But while in combat works just like a normal knife. (does not replace old knife)

KillingFloor2010-08-0419-21-21-27.jpg

Video of it in action....

YouTube - ‪The Perk Poker‬‎

Note: The Primary Fire swaps the perks in order and the Alt Fire brings up the full perk menu.

So the Texture might not be the best but all we wanted was for you to be able to read it. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Head back to Post #1 and download what you need. The freakin' previous pack links had incorrect files in them. What's up there now is the right stuff.

You need to change up your KillingFloor.ini xvoting section if you had changed it before because two perks merged together in this release to address the whole perk selection headache. WTFPerksMut and WTFEquipMut became happily melded into one mut: WTFMut.

OK I think...maybe...that everything is sane now. Putting my dedicated server up for a while hosting the authoritative version posted in post 1.

"WTFMutv1.1 - BEEEEEES n' PEAS" is the servername

Last edited:
Upvote 0