• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

Yeah just got finished testing out those new flares.... they make it..creepier. And they are a nice red color that makes everything monochrome if there are no other light sources. Also the welder does work properly now.:D BEEEEEES is still busy tweaking some things and I'm thinking of making a new texture for the Scrake variant. More goodies on the way!

Upvote 0
Tooling around with the melee weapon death from above! bonus for the Fire Axe and the Chainsaw. My intention is to give players some dramatic and obvious feedback so you know you're hitting the sweet spot for the bonus. Here's a clip for the FIRE Axe.

YouTube - firebug with fireaxe: death from above!

Yea...medic is one of my favorite perks in this mut. Has a real nice feel with the movespeed bonus and the huge clips >:)

For the people asking about a whitelist submission...maybe soon. There are yet bugs to crush- and there's so much more I want to add. Also, if it does somehow make it onto the whitelist, I'll have to revamp how perks are assigned, as this mut uses custom veterancy classes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
End of the night: 2 more teasers.

You can switch between Shot and Slugs when you reload the BOOMSTICK or Shotgun. Slugs fire with less spread than Shot, though it's still pretty inaccurate beyond ~20 feet. Slugs deal a little extra damage beyond what a face-full of shot can do, but you sacrifice the mighty room-broom power of the shotguns.

YouTube - BOOMSTICK- now with Slugs!

YouTube - Shotgun Switchup

Upvote 0
Guy's I think I figured out whey this mut was breaking on mapchanges.

It's just a hunch, but please check your server logs after a map change and see what mutators are being loaded; 'cause I'll tell you this, I found this out in testing today:

Server is 1st started (everything peachy):
Code:
Log: Browse: KF-DeathBasin?BonusVehicles=false?Game=KFMod.KFGameType?Mutator=WTF.WTFEquipMut,WTF.WTFZombiesMut,WTF.WTFPerksMut?Listen?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Name=BEEEEEES
mapchange happens, server command became this:
*note: my line still has some wtf stuff in there because I have that set in my gametype definition for KF. With a stock config, you won't see that I bet.

Code:
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: KF-Doom2-Final-WhiteFIX?Game=KFMod.KFGameType?Mutator=KFMod.KFGameplay,KFMod.KillingFloorMut,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,WTF.MutPerkReplacement,WTF.WTFMut,WTF.WTFZombiesMut
I think what is occurring here is that the actual server command is getting screwed up when mapchanges happen, and it has something to do with the gametype definitions the server has I believe, because that definition outlines what muts tie to that gametype.

Please Please Please check your server logs and tell me if the server command lines are changing when a mapchange happens!

Edit: I looked at this some more and I'm pretty damn sure this is what's happening.

1. Server launches with the mutators you told it to launch with. Great.
2. Map Change.
3. Server reads the config from KillingFloor.ini- which will not have the mutators activated unless you put it in there yourself.
4. WTFMut breaks in half after the map load because some of the muts are not getting loaded, because the server command just got reset to whatever was in KillingFloor.ini.

update: OK, I can confirm that adding the muts to your server command line in your KillingFloor.ini (or whatever .ini you are using for your server) will keep all of WTFMut's pieces active across map changes.

Also: BOOYAH! On the fly adjustable zoom levels.
YouTube - Adjustable-Zoom "Sniper Rifle"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The new skin for The Mauler (Scrake variant)
TheMauler.jpg
TheMauler.jpg

Upvote 0
I was actually a little perplexed by the sleeves. It looks a bit off because there's an arms slot AND a gloves slot, and I haven't dived in deep enough to deal with that yet.

It looks totally screwed if I mark the gloves as the sleeves, so I did the best I could in light of having other things I wanted to be working on at the time.

Something else I have in the cooker is getting the Legend of Welda to shoot a short-range beam if you have full hearts- er, hitpoints ;) ...lol. I know someone out there will get this.

Upvote 0