• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

It doesn't work for me.
I'm trying to install it on my dedicated GameServers server, but no luck.
I downloaded the 1.3 Full installation, and installed it on my server, and then I downloaded the 1.4 patch which updated the mutator system files.

My redirect server handles everything automagically, so I don't need the serverresources files. Right? They're just compressed versions of the regular files as far as I know, and my redirect compresses them automatically.

It seems that the server disables the mutators as soon as I restart the map, but I did add the fix that was mentioned (http://sites.google.com/site/wtfmutwiki/help/hosting-wtfmut).

I fixed it. I forgot to download the 2K4Menus.utx file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WTF Zeds wrong during the Summer event 7/24/11

WTF Zeds wrong during the Summer event 7/24/11

Seems since the 2011 Summer event the WTF Zeds are not play during game play. We have installed it on two dedicated servers and get only the Circus Zeds but do have the WTF weapons. Hopefully they will come back after the event ends. Anyone know how to get WTF updated to bring back the Zeds?

Upvote 0
help ...

help ...

Why is this error happen?

Loading package WTF...
Assertion failed: GetPropertiesSize()>=sizeof(UObject) [File:.\UnClass.cpp] [Line: 1034]
History: UClass::Serialize <- (Class WTF.WTFZombiesIncinerator) <- LoadObject <- (Class WTF.WTFZombiesIncinerato
r 154106==154106/432479 153816 348) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::Lo
adPackage <- UBatchExportCommandlet::Main

Upvote 0
I have been mixing this mutator with a number of other ones, which has allowed me to use the Metal Clots and the Hateriarch as well as the weapons without the skins or their added effects. When disabling my other mutators I then see the other available WTF zeds.

I have a big concern though, which is that the skins are not working for the weapons, with the exception of one time. I have no idea why they worked that one time, but they did... and I loved them all! For weapons that have a similar counterpart like the Self Destruct it looks just like the Pipe Bomb while I am holding it. If I drop it on the ground it then all of a sudden looks the way that it should appear. This surprisingly does not hold true for the Lethal Injection, Fire Axe, and Ban Hammer. They look and work like they should.

I have been working on finding a solution for quite a while, and now I am finally just asking for help.

Here's a copy of a fresh server.log:

Spoiler!

Also here's a copy of my KillingFloor.ini file:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been mixing this mutator with a number of other ones, which has allowed me to use the Metal Clots and the Hateriarch as well as the weapons without the skins or their added effects. When disabling my other mutators I then see the other available WTF zeds.

I have a big concern though, which is that the skins are not working for the weapons, with the exception of one time. I have no idea why they worked that one time, but they did... and I loved them all! For weapons that have a similar counterpart like the Self Destruct it looks just like the Pipe Bomb while I am holding it. If I drop it on the ground it then all of a sudden looks the way that it should appear. This surprisingly does not hold true for the Lethal Injection, Fire Axe, and Ban Hammer. They look and work like they should.

I have been working on finding a solution for quite a while, and now I am finally just asking for help.

Here's a copy of a fresh server.log:

Spoiler!

Also here's a copy of my KillingFloor.ini file:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
With the update TWI did to the way weapons load you need to go into the code and change all instances of Skins(#)=Texture<skin file> to Skinrefs(#)="<skin file>"
Wrong. I had a look in the code and they have referrenced "if it's NOT a ref THEN Skinref = so and so". If your answer was the case, it'll break every textured thing etc out there.

Upvote 0
I thank forrestmark9 for attempting to come up with a fix, but I can tell that Flux is right after doing a search in the WTF.u file. In fact, when doing a search for "Skins[" the only skins that came up were the ones that were already working. I didn't see any of the problem skins in the search. That was quite the surprise to me.

Upvote 0
I thought I had fixed it since it worked multiple times in a row, but it's back to having the same problem again. Here's what I said earlier when I thought I had fixed it:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am using the WTF 1.3 plus the 1.4 patch I downloaded from here. Also I tried running only those muts initially before adding anything else.

Missbot, thank you for coming up with another option. However, after making those changes and even when running only those two mutators I still have the same problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have gone ahead and started a 3rd server from scratch. The only mutators I added were for WTF v1.3. I enabled them and ran the server, launched the game, and I still had the same problem.

Then I attempted to use the WTF Plus muts with the ServerPerks. That did not fix anything.

Lastly I then overwrote the WTF v1.3 .u and .ucl with the v1.4 files. I selected only the WTF v1.4 mutators, launched the game, and tested it for a final time. This also did not help, and all of this troubleshooting leads me to thinking that there is something wrong with my KillingFloor.ini server file. Here's the new one I just started:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Works on our server but when i play it on Solo i just get the Standard Pipe Bomb.

class WTFEquipSelfDestructAttachment extends PipeBombAttachment;
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=WTFTex.utx
defaultproperties
{
Skins(0)=Texture'WTFTex.Selfdestruct.Selfdestruct_3rd'
}

Selfdestruct3rsperson.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am going to take a break from this. I hope someone else has an idea. Also I have come to the conclusion that your server doesn't have the latest updates and that our computers do. That is the only thing that makes sense to me for why it works fine off your server but not when it is run locally off your system or from either of my systems.

I think I now just need to learn how to edit the .u files. I tried, but even if I added a space in there it would create an error, which led to the server crashing. I thought I could edit it using notepad or wordpad initially. Then I tried the Killing Floor editor. I had no luck at all there. I am guessing that I need the Unreal Editor. I tried downloading it through Steam, but it said it was unavailable at this time.

I'll check around on this site later on.

Upvote 0
I had not really played the game for a while, and I just played it again. I tried the mutator again, and it worked. I realized that the one map it had trouble with was KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom. It works with all of the other maps I have tested. In fact, I was having problems with Doom I and II mut as well... because I only tested it on KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom. I feel pretty bad about that. haha

Edit: Actually after playing Manor again this morning using the WTF mut the weapon textures did not work again. So It wasn't just on KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom after all. I guess that was wishful thinking.

All day today I have been doing troubleshooting, and my server is running better than ever. Plus the textures have been working regularly. I ran into a problem that when after dropping a weapon it would disappear and found out that the WTF Plus mut caused this. Now I only have it installed as a ServerPackage, and the weapons seem to work with the correct textures on all maps. I am thrilled about this. I hope I don't break it now. haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love this mod's zeds but it needs to be updated for serverperks 5 I think. I know Russians have updated it to SPv4 but have never seen anybody update it to SPv5.

It works great Hunter's Rotting mod but it also competes with it since the spawn rates are higher and goes over WTF if you just add it as a mutator. Lastly, the Meat Pounder doesn't seem to working if you have other mods installed.

I wish someone would update this (and if they do, rename it) so it works better. If I knew unreal coding, I would attempt it.

Upvote 0