• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac KF - Westlondon issue ?

t7x

May 16, 2010
Hi there,

I have many questions about KF on OS X. I used to play it on bootcamp, but I download it on OS X yesterday, and the first map I played was Westlondon.. It's unplayable on my MBP (8600M GT)! It lags a lot while Farm and Manor don't. On XP i play in High mode on it but on OS X I can only play in low mode.. Others maps like Farm or Manor haven't this problem.

Also, why HDR Bloom and "Full" shadow character aren't selectable on OS X ?

I also try to play in hightest on Manor, and there is no difference between high and hightest mode.

Moreover, sorry for my bad english I'm french :)

Thanks !

I'm on a 9600GT (only about 10% better than yours) and West London runs just fine for me. I've even played a few Poundfest rounds on it. The only time performance really dips is when a flamethrower is spammed.

I don't know why, but I can play just fine on all the others maps, but westlondon lag. I'll do some other test with the graphics to see where is the problem.

Upvote 0
I found the problem, I think it is a "quality texture" problem. I don't know why, but i did some tests, and it appears that in "low quality texture" i haven't any trouble, and in "normal quality texture" i have.

94872185.jpg

I tried with these settings, and it was perfect. (However, i don't know why because i think that, on bootcamp, it would lag a lot with "hightest" settings).

99608926.jpg

It is awful with these settings ! I can't kill one zed.. I don't know if i'm the only one who have this issue, but if i can play, even with low texture quality, it's ok :)

Upvote 0
Go back to your original settings, I think I found the issue. Anisotropic Filtering has been notoriously unsupported by Apple. I wouldn't set it to anything above 4x. This goes for all mac games, even Portal. You'll get significant performance gains from lowering it to 4x (unlike in Windows).

Upvote 0