• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

KF - Westlondon issue ?

t7x

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2010
Hi there,

I have many questions about KF on OS X. I used to play it on bootcamp, but I download it on OS X yesterday, and the first map I played was Westlondon.. It's unplayable on my MBP (8600M GT)! It lags a lot while Farm and Manor don't. On XP i play in High mode on it but on OS X I can only play in low mode.. Others maps like Farm or Manor haven't this problem.

Also, why HDR Bloom and "Full" shadow character aren't selectable on OS X ?

I also try to play in hightest on Manor, and there is no difference between high and hightest mode.

Moreover, sorry for my bad english I'm french :)

Thanks !

kunic

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2010
I'm on a 9600GT (only about 10% better than yours) and West London runs just fine for me. I've even played a few Poundfest rounds on it. The only time performance really dips is when a flamethrower is spammed.

t7x

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2010
I'm on a 9600GT (only about 10% better than yours) and West London runs just fine for me. I've even played a few Poundfest rounds on it. The only time performance really dips is when a flamethrower is spammed.
I don't know why, but I can play just fine on all the others maps, but westlondon lag. I'll do some other test with the graphics to see where is the problem.

t7x

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2010
I found the problem, I think it is a "quality texture" problem. I don't know why, but i did some tests, and it appears that in "low quality texture" i haven't any trouble, and in "normal quality texture" i have.

I tried with these settings, and it was perfect. (However, i don't know why because i think that, on bootcamp, it would lag a lot with "hightest" settings).

It is awful with these settings ! I can't kill one zed.. I don't know if i'm the only one who have this issue, but if i can play, even with low texture quality, it's ok :)

kunic

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2010
Go back to your original settings, I think I found the issue. Anisotropic Filtering has been notoriously unsupported by Apple. I wouldn't set it to anything above 4x. This goes for all mac games, even Portal. You'll get significant performance gains from lowering it to 4x (unlike in Windows).