• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-WestCross

KF-WestCross

• Continue the work, this map is great.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Forget it, we got both westlondon and filthscross.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Not bothered either way.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
At some point on the forums (probably steam) someone was talking about wanting to play on a map which was kf-westlondon and kf-filthscross merged together, this didn't sound like a bad idea so I made it.

I made this map ages ago and haven't got around to for some time, the file is dated April 2010 which is probably when it was last worked on. I'm sure that there are flaws and all the exploits that were in the 1014 version of filthscross and westlondon is still present.

I've decided to release this so that people can have a go and see what they think, if you find any exploits let me know so I can fix them. If this map is popular enough then I might continue working on it, please vote to show your interest.

Current Release Version: 1-3

Playable: Yes (I think it was)

Whitelisted: No - This will not be submitted for whitelisting

Photo Gallery:

Videos:

N/A

Description:

kf-WestLondon + kf-filthscross = kf-WestCross

Map Size:

2 x Medium

Current Trader Count:

Beta Downloads:

Mod Db:
FileFront:
Megaupload:
V1-3

In the Westlondon prison cell area, there's a large, black tube thing sticking through the floor from Filthscross. It makes the doorway down from the Westlondon fence-cage almost unusable (you have to go around, walk up the black tube thing, crouch, and then you can drop through the doorway to get out). This whole issue also seems to cause confusion for the specimens, naturally (both at and below this area).

Also, there's smoke near this doorway, in the Westlondon streets, that rises up through the ground, presumably from some Filthscross area.

Upvote 0
It's been so long since I messed with westcross that I couldn't remember what state it was in and I actually uploaded the map thinking that it wouldn't be worked on again.

But from the sounds of it you'd like to have this map finished, there's a ton of work that needs doing since it's the OLD filthscross but I guess it could be done, kinda nostalgic actually playing on the old version.

@timur: don't temp me, this isn't the biggest map thats under my belt :D (if only kf was on ue3 - then I'd level stream them all :p).

@Fang: not sure how you could get Offices and BioticsLab merged since its only the elevator that attaches them and I'd imagine that Bioticslab is deep underground. Maybe Bioticslab and Going-Underground would work.

@JEmmaB: True, it is a little strange and yet all new at the same time.

@ro_sauce: I've currently got a urban map in the making which features a train station - I guess you could say that I'm already working on it - see below:

Shot00214.jpg

Shot00208.jpg

@_Duke_: whoops that shouldn't be there :p but don't worry its an easy fix, in fact I won't even remove it and you'll never know that it was even there.

After having a quick play I can see that the main things that need doing are:

1. Zone info - fog. Ruins the original feel
  2. Missing / unappropriate textures - obviously files moved since update
  3. Partial Rain - finishing this will help with the outdoor feel and give west london a different look.
  4. Collisions - where they arn't needed. easy to get stuck on
  5. Blocking Volumes - for smooth playing and exploits.
The first 3 won't be a problem but help is greatly appreciated for any help with 4 & 5. I'll submit this for whitelisting once I'm satisfied with both the graphics and exploit prevention.

Just upload screen shots of problem areas and leave a description

Upvote 0
@Fang: not sure how you could get Offices and BioticsLab merged since its only the elevator that attaches them and I'd imagine that Bioticslab is deep underground.

Well you could always make it a working Elevator, instead of the broke-down remnants we see in Bioticslab. Also you could add in some walkable air vents you can crawl too and drop down into the labs.

That'd mean the elevator is still the only way up..... I suppose you could extend some of Offices' stairwells further and further downstairs....

Upvote 0