• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Transient

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
klvr95b.jpg

-----KF-Transient-----

Click here for Steam Workshop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary: Large map with a variety of locations to travel through with a dawn light rain setting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

- Large map that requires players to move to the trader each wave.
- Controllable car and Elevator during Trader Phase
- Caves
- Tunnels
- Forest area with tall grass
- Underground Tunnels
- Dangerous shortcuts
- Deadly falls
- Vertical map with the top roadside and the bottome forest
- Atmospheric rain setting

Last edited:
This map reminds me of a map I was working on for KF1 with the same principal of run to the trader during the wave (mine was 600m between traders though ahahaha). Now that I see it actually in-gameplay, I'm surprised it doesn't work too well, at least with KF2. When a last zed is somewhere on the map, you have to leave the trader to go hunt it down. Its relatively annoying. At least with KF1 they despawned. Until TWI implements that, if they even do, this map just won't work. I definitely like it though, the scenery is awesome and the concept is very much like my map, but unfortunately with the current state of KF2 its not very playable.

Upvote 0
This map reminds me of a map I was working on for KF1 with the same principal of run to the trader during the wave (mine was 600m between traders though ahahaha). Now that I see it actually in-gameplay, I'm surprised it doesn't work too well, at least with KF2. When a last zed is somewhere on the map, you have to leave the trader to go hunt it down. Its relatively annoying. At least with KF1 they despawned. Until TWI implements that, if they even do, this map just won't work. I definitely like it though, the scenery is awesome and the concept is very much like my map, but unfortunately with the current state of KF2 its not very playable.

I forgot to update everyone but at the moment the spawns need a lot of work along with pathing so in its current state it does not work as intended. After updating and iterating I believe the core game play for the map that I envisioned will be fun once completed.

Sit tight and sorry for current state!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really like this map so far, but if I may remark a few things I noticed:
  • There is only one path to walk on (probably the point), and it is like one great hallway, making it very easy to shoot Zeds from long distances. I think more obstacles could help reduce the players' sight and give them cover from enemy fire (I.e. boulders, more crashed cars, fallen trees, et cetera).
  • Possibly a bug, but the ground; in the area below the tree-line with the tall grass everywhere, is missing its texture.
  • The lighting in the cave area of the map has a strange yellow tint to it, and it is quite bright in there. I would recommend a pitch black darkness to the cave to give use to the players' lights.
  • Finally, there are very few ammunition and weapon spawns around the map for its size. I only saw the 2 that spawn at the beginning of the path.

Overall, I like it very much.
Thank you for making another fine map contribution to the site, and keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
There is only one path to walk on (probably the point)

You are correct! however this does not apply to the forest area as you CAN wander around. It is just very dangerous with very limited visibility. Oh and people can always jump off the road into the forest if the zed onslaught is to much xD.

Possibly a bug, but the ground; in the area below the tree-line with the tall grass everywhere, is missing its texture.

This was due to the update. It will be fixed with the next map update!

The lighting in the cave area of the map has a strange yellow tint to it, and it is quite bright in there. I would recommend a pitch black darkness to the cave to give use to the players' lights.
Can you provide a screenshot of the lighting on your side? It is quite dark on my end here and It would help seeing what you are seeing.

I agree with the ammo and weapon drops. I will be increasing them greatly. Thank you for the feedback!

An update is being worked on now and plenty will be updated and all will be addressed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are correct! however this does not apply to the forest area as you CAN wander around. It is just very dangerous with very limited visibility. Oh and people can always jump off the road into the forest if the zed onslaught is to much xD.

This was due to the update. It will be fixed with the next map update!

Can you provide a screenshot of the lighting on your side? It is quite dark on my end here and It would help seeing what you are seeing.

I agree with the ammo and weapon drops. I will be increasing them greatly. Thank you for the feedback!

An update is being worked on now and plenty will be updated and all will be addressed!

Thanks for the reply.
And, for the cave lighting, I can take some screenshots later today, when I get some free time.

I'm looking forward to the next update, too.

Upvote 0
Update V3 is out:

- Fixed Spawns all around.
- Zeds fall from cliffs gracefully now
- Added some obstacles to roadways and made some visual changes
- Performance should be increased even more now
- Added a lot of blocking volumes to smooth out movements and to fix zed pathing
- Reverb Volumes adjusted to sounds like you are in the mountains
- Overall general polish and updates to map

Map should be much more playable and enjoyable now.

Screenshots!

Gameplay Gfy
Gameplay Gfy2
Gameplay Gfy3
Gameplay Gfy4

NOTE: I had to update the V3 download real quick to fix the default grass issue from a previous update on KF2. If you downloaded this today or sometime before 12/15/2015 please redownload and reapply to the server!

Last edited:
Upvote 0