• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-TheTestmap-2

TheMutant

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2012
Germany
Hello dear community,
it has been a long time since I have updated my testmap the last time.
I decided to rename it, as the update (or rather expansion) grew too large.
Finally, the map has reached its final stage, nothing huge can be added anymore. :)

New Features:
- Different layouts to choose from (map changes its appearance)
- Ingame simulator
- Squad spawners
- On the fly switching to spectator and vice versa
- Removed spectator grain
- New GUI tab including all commands (e.g. Use the GUI trader to trade everywhere)
- Custom weapon support
- Semi-compatible to ServerPerks now (new 'bUsingServerPerks' flag in ini)
- Kiting arena
- Boss arena
- Show crosshair
- All event monsters can be spawned
- etc...

Incompatibilities:
- Scary Ghost's Super Monsters Mutator (those monsters can be added using 'KFTheTestmap2.ini' instead)
- Scrn Balance

Important Note:
When hosting KF-TheTestmap-2 in listen mode, clients connected to server will disconnect on map change.
This is needed to enable perk progression on listen servers after KF-TheTestmap-2.
This does not apply to dedicated servers!

Testmap Configs:
- KFTheTestmap2.ini
- KFTheTestmap.ini (outdated)

Download (Updated
19.06.2015):
1) Steam Workshop
2) Mega

Version History:
Steam

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this awesome work!

I'm not going to list everything I love about this new map because that list would be huge.

Just some small suggestions for improvement:

One lane indoors didn't spawn. When you go from start to the right room, the last lane on the right side.

The simulator is an awesome addition. It would be nice to be able to spawn single SC/FP. Maybe it's already possible. I didn't try out all squads. It would help when the squad name would state what it includes.

An seperate room/area for fighting the Pat, without disturbing anyone would be also nice.

Upvote 0
ArcheKruz said:
Hmm, I might build a training server using this map. Nice work!

I'm running one for a while now and people really love your new map Mutant. Positive feedback from everyone that joins the server or I talk to about it. Also it is fun watching the server console and people go like "ohhh wow aweseome", "moooar lanes YEAH!", "how cool is that".... :D

We all owe you a keg of beer man, really appreciate the awesome work you did there. Thanks!

Gladius said:
Thank you so much for this awesome work!

I'm not going to list everything I love about this new map because that list would be huge.

So much this ^^^^ :D

One lane indoors didn't spawn. When you go from start to the right room, the last lane on the right side.

This could also be a server issue. I had it sometimes that the (old) testmap behaved kinda weird. A server-restart usually fixed that. As you were playing on my server I'll restart it later today (I am at work right now and do not have access to the machine from here) and I hope that this will help.

The simulator is an awesome addition. It would be nice to be able to spawn single SC/FP. Maybe it's already possible. I didn't try out all squads. It would help when the squad name would state what it includes.

Yeah I thought that too. An explanation which squad contains what would be very helpful. Also, spawning single zeds outside would be nice (maybe to kite two fps through the simulator or something like that). I don't know how you guys feel like but the simulator is quite a challenge :D or... maybe I'm just a scrub. :p

An seperate room/area for fighting the Pat, without disturbing anyone would be also nice.
+1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for the flowers! :)

[...]
I heard that it would be able to damage the spawn by spamming the use-key. But I have not been able to reproduce this so far.
I will take a further look at it.

It is not possible to spawn single monsters at squad spawns, only squads. The indoor area has been designed for that purpose. (track lane)
Well, it would be very hard to name every single monster included in each squad, as it is possible to add custom monsters or create custom squads using the sandbox. So I can't give fix names and I decided to go this way.

Hmm... welding helps it seems. I don't know why, but Patriarch can't destroy welded doors.

[...]
I don't know how you guys feel like but the simulator is quite a challenge :D or... maybe I'm just a scrub. :p
Hehe, I designed the simulator to be very intense, even more than a normal HoE game. It is not meant to be "beatable". :D

Upvote 0
Hi, I use your map on my server since yesterday and everybody loves it, especially because they can practice against Brutes, Shivers and FFP. I replaced the Bloat, Stalker and Siren with these guys.

But in an attempt to make it more like the game they actually play (kf with pretty much everything published by poosh) I tried to add the custom weapons:

Code:
ExtraTraderWeapons=(PickupClass="ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnDualiesPickup",CategoryNum=6)

I am not getting any errors but nothing else shows up in the trader. Besides, If I select the gunslinger perk, I do switch to "44 Magnum SE" but with a partial cowboy-mode, got reload bonus but not speed bonus :'(

Anyhow, great job, definetely the best testmap around

Upvote 0
The problem is that TheTestmap is not compatible to ScrnBalance (so far). Furthermore, I am not sure if I will ever be able to make them compatible at all, so the only way is to add ScrnBalance to the PossibleBadMutator list in KFTheTestmap.ini to avoid it from being loaded on TheTestmap.
I was able to make it 'compatible' to ServerPerks with the latest update, that's all I can offer so far. :/

By the way, I have written a tutorial on the usage of KFTheTestmap.ini. Check it out for further information.

Upvote 0
If you're going to use code from a1eat0r and I's testmap, at the very least give proper credits - don't refer to my map's name. Explicitly credit these three:
a1eat0r
scary_ghost
Benjamin

Edit: also gg on the map name, really just had to name it that. :p
Well, thing is that every line of code in TheTestmap has been written by myself. I just used the idea of the GUI tab but realised it all by myself. As I don't know who exactly had the idea I thought general credits would do it. In case of you want to have that changed, I will do that. :)

Upvote 0
- GUI page (all commands outsourced here) (thanks to creators of KF-SteamyTestmap for the idea)

"All commands outsourced" plays a different tune to what you just said.

If you're going to write anything, say "thanks to a1eat0r for the idea" since I didn't actually write any of the GUI code...
i wrote like 1% of the whole code, if that...

Upvote 0
Update 03.07.2014:
- Fixed invisibility of normal monsters (I hope this stays fixed in future from now on!)
- Fixed bugged Fleshpound spawner
- Minor code changes
- Optimized map a bit

Thank you for continuing to update this map!

(To be honest, I didn't know how to choose between your and Skell's test maps, so I just stuck them both together on my server!)

One question: how do you make the server automatically spawn bots when a player leaves?? (And to take that further, automatically spawn 6 bots when the server is re-started??)

Upvote 0
[...]
One question: how do you make the server automatically spawn bots when a player leaves??
The map (should) already spawns bots when players leave.
[...]
(And to take that further, automatically spawn 6 bots when the server is re-started??)
Such a feature is not integrated, but I think it is not so much of an effort to spawn these 6 bots manually. ;)

Upvote 0