• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Subterrane

mikkou

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2014
preview1.png

KF-Subterrane​

Version: 3d (current final)

Map Size: Medium

Screenshots:

Spoiler!

Special Features:
- Destructable lights indoors, permanent light outdoors.
- Emergency lighting triggered by destroying certain things in the map.
- Couple extra spawns for specimens triggered by destruction, so better kill those sirens quick and watch out where you nade things.

Description: This is an "outpost-style" bunker located underground within a large cave system.

Change Log:

Spoiler!

Notes: Map should be bug free and fully playable, but if you still find something let me know and I will see if it requires fixing.

Last edited:
Any new changes in final release or anything planned?

I included a change log at the top. Its more or less the same, if you have V2 no need to download this one. I havent planned on adding anything new, but then again you never know what the future holds. :rolleyes:. Im currently busy with another project.

I might release one final bug fix at some point though because I noticed a couple of things when playing last night (nothing big just missalignments and such, hardly noticable), but I will wait a long while in case something else will surface in the future.

Upvote 0
designers in general are abusing destructible lights

Some people love it, some people hate it. However my next map wont have as many destructable lights, maybe even none at all.

I dont usually do any WIP threads because I dont want to dissapoint anyone if I end up not finishing the project, but maybe I will dare to give a little sneak peek:

Theres a skylight for both indoors and outdoors so even if I add destructable lights somewhere its never going to be pitch black.

Upvote 0
Small update for the map.

v3
- Tweaked lighting in the whole map.
- Tweaked/Fixed roof spawns that werent working as intended.
- Fixed the vent spawns that stopped spawning specimens after the first time.
- Combined a bunch of floor pieces for better blood effects and performance, where possible.
- Added more ammo/weapon spawns.
- Added some minor details here and there.
- Improved performance in the whole map.

In case you are wondering why I jumped from v2 to v3d, its because I had the map running on my server through multiple versions and I dont want to cause missmatches.

Upvote 0
The map is nice and hard, until you memorize the layout and find a spot to hold. Played it about 10 multiplayer times on Hard and Suicidal and didn't manage to get to the boss wave yet. We didn't memorize the layout yet, it's a maze!!!

The hardness is that the map is long and often you need to spend lots of time to run to the trader and there is no time to get back to the camping spot. But we're working in that direction.

Upvote 0