• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Stranded

trust me i have enough zombie spawns near trader that camping is not an option and also and the beginning of each wave for any MAP custom or regular the trader arrow tells you were to go at the begin of the next wave so technically if you have one or 3 traders u can follow the arrow at the beginning of the wave and camp. try my map first to see if you think camping is a possibility.

Upvote 0
Hi, i have your map installed on all of our servers (Syrential #1, #2 and #3).

It's a really nice map, beautiful, i really liked the big open space.
However, I think the zombie spawn points and counts need some work.

In our servers, we found it very difficult to find the monsters, seems like they don't want to spawn, and if they do spawn, they spawn like 30+ of them in one place suddenly.

(By the way our #1/#2/#3 servers are 24/18/12 player and 64/48/32 runtime zombies so it might be because of that, however all the other custom maps we have don't have a problem with that and zombies spawn fine and in the right amount)

Great map and i'll be waiting for a fixed version :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah my map was intended for 6 player default in mind. when i get free time ill try to fix all the suggestions that people have given me but life's duties like being a husband and father takes alot of my time so i will try to tackle this suggestions when i get the free time. thanks to all for there comments.

Upvote 0
yes jumping on the roof was intentional but my settings are Long and Hard and trust me camping on the roof with these settings prove to be challenging. but i most likely will be doing a REMIX version of this map which will make it a bit harder and maybe add some other effects. but life's duties have me a bit busy right now. will keep you guys posted.

Upvote 0
You can't camp near the trader, this map is STUPID fun and involves a lot of running away for the most pat (unless you hide on the roof of the little shanty like a loser). The trader offers no cover at all. You need to keep moving.

That said... I have some issues with this map. It's awesome, no bugs at all. Damn near flawless and I enjoy playing it, but once I get a number of enemies up and running around... my FPS takes a dramatic bomb. It happens on this one and KF-Marshes, but not on any other map official or community made. Any ideas as to what could be causing it? Once the wave goes down to just 1 Specimen left my FPS goes back to normal. It's pretty confusing and any insight would be great since I love the map.

Upvote 0
not sure how much more i can optimize this map except removing some of the wheat and trees but that would change the look of the map i run this game on my laptop with a 8600 card and my FPS is pretty stable. yeah once in a while i get a drop but that's when action is HOT with everyone blasting there weapons and stuff and mad zombies on the screen but even then its VERY PLAYABLE. ill try to see if its do to something else on the map.

Upvote 0
Good small map. I like this but...

I found one major problem: You can jump on the helichopper (near the starting area) but mutants can't. This makes the map too easy. Please, fix this.

Another thing that troubles me is that there is a nice and good looking barricade in the starting area which is practically useless. Instead, there is a crappy old hut which provides much better cover than the sandbags. I just don't like this kind of design.

Improvement ideas: Make the sandbag barricade more useful or remove the possibility to climb on the hut or remove the sandbags.

Upvote 0
ok you must have the older version somehow please download the latest one cause the helicopter exploit was removed and as for barricade in the middle it was never my intention to act as a true barricade. i appreciate your thoughts on it but i feel the barricade adds the theme i was following. Design is always a personal choice and you will always as a MAPPER never make everyone happy. but all comments are welcomed and are considered in my mapping.:)

latest version http://www.thekillingcrew.com//request.php?30

I am Working on a REMIX version of my map but due to my Life's duties it will be done when i can finish it. things i will include. "More Gun traders, try to Optimize map a bit more, remove the ability to jump on logs to get on top of the shack, helicopters animation leaving you "STRANDED", remove cash, add random item spawns, better Zombie spawns. i might add a few more things but for the most part those are the changes ill be working on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0