• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-SteamyTestMap

Skell

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
It's been done for a while (and on the Workshop) but I only wanted to post it here once we got a good build going.

KF-SteamyTestMapV3 final release is here!
Map: Skell*
Mutator: a1eat0r

Special Thanks:
scary_ghost (I'll pay you back one day :p)
Specimen Health
Benjamin
Client-Server Interaction

It's a pretty standard test map... 6 lanes of flat ground and 6 of varying terrain, shops conveniently placed throughout the map and a Patriarch arena so people can't harass others practicing/testing.

Commands can be found on the billboards (you spawn right in front of them). Hit escape to get easy access to these commands without having to type anything!

Pictures can be found on the Workshop page:
Link

Download:
Link

Source Code:
Link

Please note, that if you decided to make your own mutator from this, to give credit to the following people:
a1eat0r
scary_ghost
Benjamin

Also to change the name! This will make sure our work doesn't cause mismatches with yours!

Last edited:
Not much to add about the mutator, it's mostly the GUI with the commands, and Skell's already mentioned special thanks. That was the first time I tried making a mutator work online, hence so many early fixes. It's still a work in progress, but I'm not aware of any major problems. I'm going to tidy up the code and maybe add a few things with the next update.

Upvote 0
This is great, especially the GUI page! Makes things a lot easier.
All in all, a decent work you created there. :)

a1eat0r made some changes to it recently like code clean up and other features (I don't want to go into specifics since I might get it wrong...). I forgot to add a stationary bloat spawner so that's coming with the update of the mutator once he's content with it. Feel free to use any part of it but give credits where they're due.

Also, yeah, ugly carpets were never really my thing. :)

Upvote 0
I posted the list of all changes on the workshop page. The two new GUI elements:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
SteamyTestMapV3 is now up!

Awesome total revamp is awesome!

(BTW, I didn't know how to choose between your and TheMutant's test maps, so I just stuck them both together on my server!)

But how do you make the server automatically spawn bots when a player leaves?? (And to take that further, automatically spawn 6 bots when the server is re-started??)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome total revamp is awesome!

(BTW, I didn't know how to choose between your and TheMutant's test maps, so I just stuck them both together on my server!)

But how do you make the server automatically spawn bots when a player leaves?? (And to take that further, automatically spawn 6 bots when the server is re-started??)
Revamp? Wat.

We don't use bots for ours like Mutant does. Mutant's method is badly done, buggy and inconsistent (sometimes a bot doesn't spawn, capping the number of faked players you can have).

A1eat0r coded it so that ours uses a variable setter to handle the player health. This also allows for 6 players to play with 1-5 man health if they feel so inclined!

We have a server in Germany that had it running for something like more than a week continuously with no issues (no crashes, no restarts) when it was in V2. It was probably more.
Edit: Just checked the server - current runtime is 202 hours and 4 minutes! That's 8.4 days!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Revamp? Wat.

We don't use bots for ours like Mutant does. Mutant's method is badly done, buggy and inconsistent (sometimes a bot doesn't spawn, capping the number of faked players you can have).

A1eat0r coded it so that ours uses a variable setter to handle the player health. This also allows for 6 players to play with 1-5 man health if they feel so inclined!

We have a server in Germany that had it running for something like more than a week continuously with no issues (no crashes, no restarts) when it was in V2. It was probably more.
Edit: Just checked the server - current runtime is 202 hours and 4 minutes! That's 8.4 days!

OK that does seem better. Now if only you could open the trader from anywhere...

Oh and also (forgive me for my ignorance but) isn't that normal for a server to go for a week with no issues? Aren't servers supposed to go for weeks without being restarted? Or are they supposed to be restarted every night?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK that does seem better. Now if only you could open the trader from anywhere...
There's a 'Trade' button in the escape menu. Pretty hard to miss.

Oh and also (forgive me for my ignorance but) isn't that normal for a server to go for a week with no issues? Aren't servers supposed to go for weeks without being restarted? Or are they supposed to be restarted every night?
Maps don't usually run for 200 consecutive hours. Servers 'restart' every time they change maps.

Upvote 0
NikC-;n2281206 said:
You can find all of the TestMaps here.

I seem to have a problem with google translate.......see attachment. what.....PNG.jpg
Google fail as you can see. Guess I'll need to do manually.....interesting enough that Google thinks it's all English.....well not my English that I can understand...you can try it yourself to see if it happens for you or not....if it doesn't, then it must be my end.......

Ok well thanks for that! Steam workshop already downloaded this for me before you posted this so I guess I was lucky......

Attachments

• what.....PNG.jpg
    what.....PNG.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
NikC-;n2281295 said:
You don't need any language knowledge for scrolling down and hitting the spoiler button.

82a1c09b98594de99ad7a89b807df38f_zps1crzqjhe.png

Well yes that's true....I didn't look at the entire page(ie scrolling down further to check it out) before translating, all I saw was a bunch of gibberish that I can't read so I naturally turn to Google Translate to translate for me....Smile :)Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0