• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-State_Palace Final

gunslingor

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
After two years on and off, its finally complete... the stripper hooker trader chick broke servers, so she had to go... I lost the energy to add music... but this map is still amazing even to me. I hope all enjoy for a long time to come, a lot of work by a lot of people went into it... you'll find their names scattered throwout the map... give em props if you see em.

By:
Gunslingor (Are_You_My_Mommy?)
TechnoZombie
CommieJoe
CorporateFilth

Thanks for test hosting so much Capt. Carnage!
(let me know if I missed anyone or spelled aliases wrong).

Map Files:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B71fEvZJKoXBTzl1OUNjTzI2VlU/edit?usp=sharing

YouTube Video:
Killing Floor State Palace New Orleans Luisiana Rave Map - YouTube

My server
:
68.232.178.90:7707

If you can believe it, this is my first and only map... first and only embankment into 3D design at all... I finally figured it out... Helps to be a CE ;). Enjoy.

Last edited:
How come I never see my map playing in the lobby? Duth it suck?

Don't feel bad at all. I have spent a ton of time mapping and it took years to get any sort of saturation in the lobby for my maps (12 of em). At this point the most I've seen running is 12 out of 800+servers at any time and that like 1,800 hours of mapping.

It's best if you run a server that plays your map over and over mixed with a couple stock maps. That will spread it more. Get it on workshop, link a mediafire(or equivelant) direct DL for it. Don't be discouraged. The community can be very finicky about what it plays. Sometimes I just cringe when I see some of the stuff that plays the most. Simple maps that are fully lit up with one spawn. Stuff like that. It just takes patience which is the hardest thing to have after spending tons of time on a project.

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad at all. I have spent a ton of time mapping and it took years to get any sort of saturation in the lobby for my maps (12 of em). At this point the most I've seen running is 12 out of 800+servers at any time and that like 1,800 hours of mapping.

It's best if you run a server that plays your map over and over mixed with a couple stock maps. That will spread it more. Get it on workshop, link a mediafire(or equivelant) direct DL for it. Don't be discouraged. The community can be very finicky about what it plays. Sometimes I just cringe when I see some of the stuff that plays the most. Simple maps that are fully lit up with one spawn. Stuff like that. It just takes patience which is the hardest thing to have after spending tons of time on a project.
Completely agree with this. I can back it up and say im rather picky with what goes on my server. When it comes to maps I look for spawn rate, spawn amounts (places to spawn), size (see if it's too big for 12 or too small), difficulty (major thing as if it's too easy, I tend to delete it as I want maps that need teamwork) and a few other factors. Also some people don't test all maps whereas I test mine before putting them on all my servers. This is one map I haven't because it doesn't seem the right feel for it...I may be wrong and try it out at some point to give some feedback.

Honestly if you are a modder in any game at all, for any path (code, animator, map maker, etc), you should be more suprised how much it's actually used compared to how little it is used. My scoreboard was a little thing I released as my custom server loved it, then it went viral all over the servers (without knowing it till I had a random thought of going onto others) and suddenly I got asked by Alex himself if they can intergrate it into KF officially. These things happen and sometimes they don't. If you really want to look into it further, maybe either continue and see about getting your name out a little more (as Murphy, Fel and Swift - probably a few others too) have done so they are more trusted into what maps they make. The other thing you can do is maybe check out why it's not being used and see what you can improve for your next move, either new project or edited current project.

It's all down to your yourself. Hope you see it better after these two posts ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, the map is as stable as an eight legged elephant now! Thank you sincerely for putting it in the rotation! Let me know your server IPs, I'd like to play this map with a large group of people, so far I've only played with like 3 people at any one time.

Others: Pleas host the map and let me know your IPs if you don't mind.:cool:

Upvote 0
If we are being honest. You could have made the greatest map ever, But I won't run the map on my servers due to the shear size of it. I love the Aspen Manor map by Fel, but 44mb in size makes it borderline. Players don't want to wait for such a large download, they want to play the game.

Just the texture file for your map is 147mb! The total size is 239mb. No way that is going to be on anybodies server. Its way to large.

Upvote 0
Now you see me!!!

Now you see me!!!

Hey guys, guess what, this is really cool. I just got back from the movie "Now you see me", and my map is in the movie for like 30 minutes! Really cool to see the old state palace on the big screen, restored back to its former glory!

now-you-see-me-isla-fisher-set-photo.png

Recognize the balconies! They show it as the Savoy theater from the outside, but the inside is the palace!:D:eek::confused:!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0