• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-SomeTestMap

The latest map version B8 is not on the official TWI redirect.

I requested to get it up and was told it's not possible because a different version of the SomeTestMap.u file was already released with a previous version of that map. The new package contains the same filename. Once a file is on the redirect, then in most cases it can't be deleted, because other servers do open it and due to that the file becomes locked.

How about a re-release with a renamed script file?

The last version with redirect is B6 and that doesn't include Faked Players functionality, which makes it kinda pointless to run it on a dedi.

Upvote 0
why does fleshpound perma rage on this map after sometime playing on this map? if map is restarted fp behaves normal. hits then unrages. but sometimes he always rages. nothing has been spawned or activated. just 6 fake players and killzeds.

I'm not sure yet what causes this. I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently, but it seems to happen after players die. I'll do my best to look into this for the next update.

If anyone knows how to reproduce the issue consistently, please let me know how to do it myself so I can debug easier.

Upvote 0
Some ideas for additional features that would be very useful and maybe not too complicated to realize, since they are based on already existing functionality that is executed by console commands. (I can't make that work on a dedi for some reason.):

-Showing the zeds health respectively the weapon damage:

displayall kfpawn_zedscrake health
-Showing the zeds hitboxes:

show hitzones

Upvote 0
Problems with B9 + B10:

Locally I get downloaded the B10 from the workshop.

But the dedi downloads the B9. Also there is no SomeTestMapAssets.upk on the dedi.

Playing solo offline with the local download from the workshop of B10 I can't open toggleSomeTestMapMenu. Traders are not functional. Ammo and health pickups don't work but armor does.

With a manual B10 installation on a dedi with what got locally downloaded from the workshop, the trader and pickups are functional. I can bring up the menu and select demigod but it is not functional. Faked players are not functional, they cant be selected.

@ dedi:
_______

643313659/0/BrewedPC/
Maps / Kf-SomeTestMap-B9.kfm
Script / SomeTestMap.u 46.44 KB

@ local:
________

643313659/0/Published/BrewedPC/
Maps / Kf-SomeTestMap-B10.kfm
Script / SomeTestMap.u 76 KB
Packages / SomeTestMapAssets.upk

Upvote 0