• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-SomeTestMap

Willis

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
I have decided to remove this map from the workshop, and will not continue working on it. I strongly disagree with the direction of this game. It's my opinion that the game's current difficulty is not about skill and mastery, and balance decisions are being made to cater to a casual audience. In such state of the game, this map serves no purpose.

This post is just here for archive purposes.

I originally planned for this map to help high level players practice advanced killing techniques, or combos, which require skill and training, like in KF1. Unfortunately since KF2 is just about having decent aim, spamming M1, and hoping RNG doesn't hate you, this is just a "shooting range" map I guess. So if you find this useful, enjoy. These are some of the features of this shooting range.
  • Purchasing from the trader at any time
  • Instant player respawn
  • Add/remove faked players
  • Immediate perk and perk skill switching
  • Damage Messages and Popups
  • Demigod mode
  • Restore max health instantly
  • Restore max armor instantly
  • Refill ammo instantly
  • Auto spawning zeds

The map uses a custom game mode, so you MUST load it with the game mode in order to enjoy the mentioned features. You won't be able to get XP from this map.

How to Install & Open

Code:
* 1. Solo *
    a. Extract the archive into <Steam folder>\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\Maps
    b. Launch KF2, open the console and run the following command:
        open KF-SomeTestMap?game=SomeTestMap.SomeTestMap

* 2. Dedicated Server *
    a. Extract the archive into <KF2 server folder>\KFGame\BrewedPC\Maps
    b. To add the map into WebAdmin view, open <KF2 server folder>\KFGame\ConfigPCServer-KFGame.ini and add the following above "[KF-Default KFMapSummary]"

[KF-SomeTestMap KFMapSummary]
MapName=KF-SomeTestMap
ScreenshotPathName=UI_MapPreview_TEX.UI_MapPreview_Placeholder

c. Run the map with the following command in the WebAdmin Management Console:
        open KF-SomeTestMap?game=SomeTestMap.SomeTestMap

How to Use
  • Press your "Use" key on the mini Zed models to spawn the desired zed. For the Scrake and Fleshpound rooms, it is easier to spawn them by standing where the mini model is, and looking towards the spawn point (like looking away from the mini model) and then pressing your "Use" key.
  • The map has some console commands available:

STMOptions : Brings up a menu to change options (Add/Remove Faked players, toggle demigod)
    STMKillZed : Kill the zeds you are aiming at
    STMKillZeds : Kill all the zeds on the map (for server admins, there is an ini setting to disallow this)

I recommend to bind these command to a key, you can do this easily like:
    setbind <key> STMOptions
  • Auto Spawn: Enable the Auto Spawn option to continuosly spawn the selected zed. To stop spawning zeds automatically, disable this option. Server admins can disable this feature in the ini settings with bServAutoSpawn=False
  • Disable Zed Time: Find the configuration file for SomeTestMap (normally under <My Documents>\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config), and set the setting bDisableZedTime=True

Notes
  • If you don't run the map with the custom gamemode (game=SomeTestMap.SomeTestMap), most of its features will not work.
  • The map currently works with the final released build of the game.
  • "Shared Content" weapons aren't purchaseable from the trader if the player doesn't have access to them (like the Zweihander), but there are weapon pickups available for these for now.
  • Append ?Difficulty=# to test on a specific difficulty, where # can be 0=Normal, 1=Hard, 2=Suicidal, 3=HoE. Example:
    Code:
    	 open KF-SomeTestMap?game=SomeTestMap.SomeTestMap?Difficulty=3
  • You won't get any XP, or level up with this map.

Credits

To Marco; This map uses his code for player respawn, damage messages and damage popups from the Server Extension mod.
To Skell for guidance on how to disable FP and SC spawn sounds.

Changelog

Spoiler!

Screenshots

SfP17Esl.jpg

T70cV4Um.jpg

Last edited:
is this still working?

Sorry for reviving this thread, but yes it's still working. I just installed it last night and was testing some things out in it. Works great! I wish there was an easier way of changing the difficulty though. Only way I've been able to do it, is by typing the difficulty when I load it. For anyone wondering....

Type this into console.

open KF-SomeTestMap-B8?game=SomeTestMap.SomeTestMap?Difficulty=0,1,2, or 3.

Where 0 is normal, 1 is hard, 2 is suicidal and 3 is HoE.

Upvote 0
is there a way to specify difficulty not from console?
btw one of the most useful maps out there. if it were up to me i would make this official map in the game. please keep updating and adding features.
ps. im having very hard time pressing on mannequins ?

You can open it using the normal level selection screen, But you can't use the custom gamemode it comes packed with if you do it that way.

As far as I can tell the custom gamemode just lets lot of commands be used by the map easily (all of what I saw can be done normally in game if you enable cheats and use some commands)
like the ammo crates, toggle demigod mode, open the trader pod, spawn zeds, and lets the healing grenades on the ground heal you.

O something that will help with the commands is you can paste them in to the command prompt with "ctrl-v"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can open it using the normal level selection screen, But you can't use the custom gamemode it comes packed with if you do it that way.

As far as I can tell the custom gamemode just lets lot of commands be used by the map easily (all of what I saw can be done normally in game if you enable cheats and use some commands)
like the ammo crates, toggle demigod mode, open the trader pod, spawn zeds, and lets the healing grenades on the ground heal you.

O something that will help with the commands is you can paste them in to the command prompt with "ctrl-v"
im little bit new to this so sorry for noobish questions.
so if i create testmap via normal game panel menu then those ammo refil boxes, healing grenades, spawn mannequins and console commands wont work? (like spawnzed clot; healme etc)
as console commands go enable cheats should enable them anyway.

Upvote 0
im little bit new to this so sorry for noobish questions.
so if i create testmap via normal game panel menu then those ammo refil boxes, healing grenades, spawn mannequins and console commands wont work? (like spawnzed clot; healme etc)
as console commands go enable cheats should enable them anyway.

Yes if you opening the test map from the normal game panel all those things stop working (except the spawn mannequins but it might make clicking on them easier)

And no just using the command "enablecheats" will not make the maps features work.
Before I was just stating that the stuff the item in the map do can be done with commands.
IDK how the custom gamemode actually works.

Upvote 0