KF-SomeTestMap

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Gladius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 4, 2011
The latest map version B8 is not on the official TWI redirect.

I requested to get it up and was told it's not possible because a different version of the SomeTestMap.u file was already released with a previous version of that map. The new package contains the same filename. Once a file is on the redirect, then in most cases it can't be deleted, because other servers do open it and due to that the file becomes locked.

How about a re-release with a renamed script file?

The last version with redirect is B6 and that doesn't include Faked Players functionality, which makes it kinda pointless to run it on a dedi.

BoromiR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2016
why does fleshpound perma rage on this map after sometime playing on this map? if map is restarted fp behaves normal. hits then unrages. but sometimes he always rages. nothing has been spawned or activated. just 6 fake players and killzeds.

Willis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2015
why does fleshpound perma rage on this map after sometime playing on this map? if map is restarted fp behaves normal. hits then unrages. but sometimes he always rages. nothing has been spawned or activated. just 6 fake players and killzeds.

I'm not sure yet what causes this. I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently, but it seems to happen after players die. I'll do my best to look into this for the next update.

If anyone knows how to reproduce the issue consistently, please let me know how to do it myself so I can debug easier.

Gladius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 4, 2011
Some ideas for additional features that would be very useful and maybe not too complicated to realize, since they are based on already existing functionality that is executed by console commands. (I can't make that work on a dedi for some reason.):

-Showing the zeds health respectively the weapon damage:

displayall kfpawn_zedscrake health
-Showing the zeds hitboxes:

show hitzones

Dr.Trance

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2016
For some reason the faked players option in the toggle is not working for me on my dedicated server. What is going on here?

Gladius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 4, 2011
Problems with B9 + B10:

Locally I get downloaded the B10 from the workshop.

But the dedi downloads the B9. Also there is no SomeTestMapAssets.upk on the dedi.

Playing solo offline with the local download from the workshop of B10 I can't open toggleSomeTestMapMenu. Traders are not functional. Ammo and health pickups don't work but armor does.

With a manual B10 installation on a dedi with what got locally downloaded from the workshop, the trader and pickups are functional. I can bring up the menu and select demigod but it is not functional. Faked players are not functional, they cant be selected.

@ dedi:
_______

643313659/0/BrewedPC/
Maps / Kf-SomeTestMap-B9.kfm
Script / SomeTestMap.u 46.44 KB

@ local:
________

643313659/0/Published/BrewedPC/
Maps / Kf-SomeTestMap-B10.kfm
Script / SomeTestMap.u 76 KB
Packages / SomeTestMapAssets.upk

Willis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2015
Hey guys,

I updated to B11. Faked players and demigod should now work on dedicated servers.

I'm not sure what's going on with the workshop that it's not pushing updates to dedicated servers.

Last edited:

Dr.Trance

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2016
Okay so now the FPs are permaraging every time, both offline and on a dedicated server. Same with SC, after 5-10s they autorage.

Willis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2015
Okay so now the FPs are permaraging every time, both offline and on a dedicated server. Same with SC, after 5-10s they autorage.

Ah, not sure how I didn't catch that one. I have now disabled perma-rage in B12.

Thanks a lot for reporting these issues.

Dr.Trance

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2016
No problem.

Another issue I've noticed with dedicated servers is that your current ammo does not refill when stepping on an ammo box, only the reserve ammo, whereas offline it fills current ammo as well. Not sure if this is fixable or not.

Willis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, the map is broken after the v1027 update. I'll try to look into it when the SDK gets fixed (It's crashing on startup)