• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-ShoppingSpree

Hmmm it seems I played some older version of your map on somebodies server...that one had no textures!
Today however I played on your server and everything was ok which led me to the final fix of this whole matter.
It appears that the game update made shader compiler not recognise the maps assets before the update...but if you compile the same map now everything is ok!
So basicly every mapper has to recompile their map and upload to workshop again to fix the issue.
Tested with my map and server and that indeed solved the issue.
Just wish someone gives info about these things,not us trying to figure out what they changed...

Upvote 0
So basicly every mapper has to recompile their map and upload to workshop again to fix the issue.
Tested with my map and server and that indeed solved the issue.
Just wish someone gives info about these things,not us trying to figure out what they changed...

Superb, thanks for the info. Will push out an update then with a full rebuild, I need to change the specular values of some of my materials anyhow with the flashlight being a lot brighter and all.

Upvote 0
You see all your textures cause you opened the map via SDK which shader builder works np.
If you delete your local shaders in my documents and start the game(even after verify) your textures would be missing.
Same thing in my map too.
The game shader builder is broken at the moment and nothing we can do but wait for a fix.
The only way to get textures back RIGHT NOAW is to open the desired map with the SDK and build all which will build the Local shaders...for those fans that don't wanna wait ;)

This is the most helpful reply I have found for the past 3 days trying to fix this issue. I'm going to give this a try when I get home from work. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
They just updated the flashlight, it's pretty good now. But yeah, there's still some stuff that really shines a lot in the map, like those rectangular things, don't know what to call them :p

I've been out for a few days and am working on it now. The problematic thing is that translucent objects + lighting pick up the flashlight with a much higher intensity than opaque objects. Multiplying the Diffuse & Specular Output with a factor of 0.02-0.05 will compensate for that somewhat, but will obviously break normal/traditional baked lighting.

The only "solution" would be to switch to unlit materials and create fake lighting values for most instances of said objects in my map. This is less than ideal mind you, as there are a lot of cases where it would look considerably worse. As shining your flashlight on it would then have no effect at all & would also break baked lighting. (this kind of works for clear glass)

Tripwire uses unlit lighting for translucent materials and has no assets I can think of that use/need lighting. It may be for that reason that Tripwire hasn't noticed this issue, so I'll contact them about it.

So either I change some assets to work around it (not ideal), or translucent lighting gets fixed.

Upvote 0