• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-ShaunOfTheDead

Yea the streets do get a bit boring. But I'm adding do it right now. Did you find the two secrets in the map?

two secrets?! no i didnt :-| usually i find that kinda stuff, im one of those guys who notices the little things.

and dont get me wrong, i like the streets, just needs a bit more added to it. and a few more zombie volumes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you crouch while opening this door you can get on top of it while it is open.

garage2.jpg

Upvote 0
My system has very repectable power (I can play l4d, kf, and really anything short of Chysis at 1650 by 1080 at 60+ fps) but I have yet to find a map that hurts my systems performance like yours. Although most of the level is ok, when I go to the edge of the long street next to the winchester and turn around my frame rate drops to about 40 (from 140) even when no zeds are visible.

I'm not sure that this falls under copyright infringement (Shawn of the Dead) but I wonder if this will be accepted into the contest.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that bug, I forgot you could crouch, I never do it.

So Akame, you say it hurts your system? Dropping to 40 fps??? Is 40 fps not playable? It would be a dream if my computer could achieve an average of 40 fps in killing floor. But I'll do my best to optimize it further.

As for copyright infringmenet, if I changed the name to Shawn of the dead, it would be fine.

Upvote 0
@chewmyheadoff
My comment about the low frame rate was in reference to the stress it put on my machine. I have a friend who has a really old computer that can hardly play the official maps. Being aware that there are people who might not be able to play this map with acceptable frame rates is always something to take seriously, although it may or may not be easily fixable.

I know that the areas that are in shaun of the dead are real places and are exempt from copyright, but what about the winchester?

Last edited:
Upvote 0