• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-ShaunOfTheDead

Considering you're still pretty fresh with the UE, you've got many of the fundamentals in place. A few suggestions:

A bit more attention to movers; the gate animation requires a revisit, and one of double doors on the pub sinks into the stone in front of it.

Maybe get a terrain layer in there for the grassy areas to allow for some more contours in the map.

Can you add some extra steps in the curvature of road turnings? The transition could be a bit smoother and the polys shouldn't hurt with rendering.

It's coming on nicely though and it's clear you've spent a lot of time in there both learning how to use the tools and expand on what you've learned. There's still a lot of work to do but you've made a great start.

Upvote 0
Great map, found a small problem also though. Where you 1st spawn in at the start of the game, the end of the roads are blocked by ambulances and cars ect. On the one side there is a red car, if you jump on top of it you will get trapped on it. It won't let you over it and won't let you back off the way you jumped on it. Invisible walls keep you stuck, just a heads up.

Upvote 0
Hello. J

Hello. J

Great Map. Just enjoyed 11 rounds. However Glitched the Patriarch to win. Somehow one of the guys got out of the map on accident. Somewhere around one the buses. In the main stretch in the middle he was able to get up on a black car by the wall of the grass area. Near the Buses. He was able to kinda get back in. Could go back and forth on the wall. Not Sure if he could get in or not. However he stayed on the wall and jumped up and down on the car until he shot the patriarch. Good luck. Keep up the great work.

Upvote 0
Great map, found a small problem also though. Where you 1st spawn in at the start of the game, the end of the roads are blocked by ambulances and cars ect. On the one side there is a red car, if you jump on top of it you will get trapped on it. It won't let you over it and won't let you back off the way you jumped on it. Invisible walls keep you stuck, just a heads up.

Yea I had more of those invisible walls back in the day, I must have missed a few. The problem was that that collision block was inverted inside out by accident, so instead of blocking you out, it trapped you in. :(

Upvote 0
hey i didnt notice anyone saying anything about the trucks, so if you get in, the specimens need to try extra hard to get into the truck with you it seems. most will just hop up and down at the entrance and players inside can just camp and shoot at the poor things trying to get in.

this is not so important and probably doesnt happen every game, just that alot of times the very open areas are too safe because the dispersion of specimens spreads them out alot and the squads that approached me in open areas were no threat at all since they arrived like squad of 4 at a time o_O. simple suggestion is making a couple zombievolumes that just spit out distractions like clot only or anything else. and im not sure how much u played around with zombiecountmulti value but i like to set that to 2 or 3 especially for distraction spawns :)

anyway, looking forward to see how the update turns out

Upvote 0
your map is quite good but can you add a expension of the winchester bar, in the movie there is a basement under the bar, can you make that too?? It will be more fun if you expand the map too

Well if you read the new features list, then you would know that there is a cellar now. And the name dogscantlookup is just a code name for the map, it will be changed to simply KF-shaunofthedead for the final release.

About the trucks, you can no longer get inside them, I didn't know that you could. Also, yes there is a lot of open space, but now with the update, I don't think you'd be wanting to run outside. I'v decreased the time between zombie spawns, and increased the number of places where they can spawn, so don't be surprised if one jumps on top of you from no where.

Upvote 0
Well if you read the new features list, then you would know that there is a cellar now. And the name dogscantlookup is just a code name for the map, it will be changed to simply KF-shaunofthedead for the final release.

About the trucks, you can no longer get inside them, I didn't know that you could. Also, yes there is a lot of open space, but now with the update, I don't think you'd be wanting to run outside. I'v decreased the time between zombie spawns, and increased the number of places where they can spawn, so don't be surprised if one jumps on top of you from no where.

looking forward to seeing your beta 2, I hope there is a great progress of your work so more people can enjoy your map. :D

Upvote 0
and im not sure how much u played around with zombiecountmulti value but i like to set that to 2 or 3 especially for distraction spawns :)

knightmare I would greatly appreciate a full description of what you just said here. What does the variable actually do, and what is the effect of each additional increment? Does it need to be used in conjunction with any other properties like SpawnOnlyZeds?

Upvote 0
knightmare I would greatly appreciate a full description of what you just said here. What does the variable actually do, and what is the effect of each additional increment? Does it need to be used in conjunction with any other properties like SpawnOnlyZeds?

Where did you get that post from? Well I would like to know too actually.

Also about the music, I never realised I had been playing KF without any music :D My music volume has been turned off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My thoughts are I love what your trying to do and the area around the Winchester is pretty good but the tiny path from the street to the pub is too small and yeah as others have said the sky is very bloomy bordering on Nuclear blast on my screen lol.

Yeah you have to have a lever action sitting above the bar and queen on the jukebox and all the other little touches from the film.

Anyway like where it's headed and I can imagine when it's done it will be a slice of fried gold.

Upvote 0