KF-ShaunOfTheDead

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Yea the streets do get a bit boring. But I'm adding do it right now. Did you find the two secrets in the map?

two secrets?! no i didnt :-| usually i find that kinda stuff, im one of those guys who notices the little things.

and dont get me wrong, i like the streets, just needs a bit more added to it. and a few more zombie volumes.

Last edited:

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Well I only told 3 people and the message wouldn't have gotten very far, hint:

1. Check near the trader in the cellar, for a box.
2. Look in one of the garages.

Malou

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2009
iduff.ca
Very nice map! Keep going!

btw, I found your two "secret", but could there be any chance that the "key" move around the map so it's not at the same place everytime? Pretty easy to get it on the first wave then sell what's in the "box" and have full cash... Or make what's in the "box" change everytime...

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Nice one, spread the word too please, to anyone who's never played the map before or someone who has and enjoyed it.

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has tested the latest beta version. And please do report and bugs so I can fix them early on.

Boxiii

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2009
California
tdrgaming.com
Love this map, great to see how much you improve it with each update. The only issue with beta 3 that i have encountered is that while in the new garage area, zeds will spawn almost right on top of you. I tend to get zeds spawning on both sides and then killing me within 3 seconds.

Boxiii

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2009
California
tdrgaming.com
Playing on normal and hard, and they spawn with all the cars in front of the trader in that area. Like you will be looking at the cars, and they drop from a bit above the floor right in front of you.

Bej-Bej

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
The Hinterlands.
If you crouch while opening this door you can get on top of it while it is open.

garage2.jpg

[UIT] Akame

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
My system has very repectable power (I can play l4d, kf, and really anything short of Chysis at 1650 by 1080 at 60+ fps) but I have yet to find a map that hurts my systems performance like yours. Although most of the level is ok, when I go to the edge of the long street next to the winchester and turn around my frame rate drops to about 40 (from 140) even when no zeds are visible.

I'm not sure that this falls under copyright infringement (Shawn of the Dead) but I wonder if this will be accepted into the contest.

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Thanks for that bug, I forgot you could crouch, I never do it.

So Akame, you say it hurts your system? Dropping to 40 fps??? Is 40 fps not playable? It would be a dream if my computer could achieve an average of 40 fps in killing floor. But I'll do my best to optimize it further.

As for copyright infringmenet, if I changed the name to Shawn of the dead, it would be fine.

[UIT] Akame

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
My own personal hell
@chewmyheadoff
My comment about the low frame rate was in reference to the stress it put on my machine. I have a friend who has a really old computer that can hardly play the official maps. Being aware that there are people who might not be able to play this map with acceptable frame rates is always something to take seriously, although it may or may not be easily fixable.

I know that the areas that are in shaun of the dead are real places and are exempt from copyright, but what about the winchester?

Last edited:

chewmyheadoff

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
UK
bunnyhead.tk
Yea I know, was being sarcastic my computer is pretty old too, and I get average of 30fps in that area. I'v tried making it run better, but we'll have to see when it is released to everyone.

Thanks gusone, I might use "Sawn of the dead" and as for Winchester, I don't know if the actual pub is copyrighted, or is it just gun?

gusone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Well when ever I hear Winchester I am reminded not of the movie but of the Winchester Club from 20 years earlier where Arther Daley used to frequent after a day's shady dealings. No copyright on the name of boozers as far as I am concerned.

Caspy

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
I'm downloading now, please tell me you used Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" as the ambient music