• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-RSIX-MAP2 Update v1.1

RSIXJasmin

May 26, 2009
gg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Great map.
Real fun on servers with more than 6 players. One of the few were you don't run out of ammo with 200 specimen left.
What i don't like are the invisible walls before the spawn points, there should be some indication that you can't go any further, and the filenaming, because you can't distinguish between this version and the old one.

But downloading wasn't a problem since a floppy disc next to the filename is universally understood.

Upvote 0
This looks like a terrible Killing Floor map, it does not even attempt to be structurally or visually impressive. I award you no points and may GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

That being said. I know your intention wasn't to make a level, just an area to piss around in, so for that - you did an excellent job.

Upvote 0
Seeing you posted it here, i'll treat is as a legit map like any other, disregarding the time you put into it and the purpose of the map, so here goes.

Could you, next time, atleast try to get some decent mood setting lights in it. I've seen "fun" maps for years now, and even though they are great to learn things, with a little bit of effort you can create a "fun" map that looks good.

That being said, here are the working points:
Lighting:
Never put a single light actor to light up an area, doesn't matter what size that area is, the UE2 engine can't create ambient lighting (atleast no decent one), so you have to fake it with several low intensity lights and one bright light.

Ambient lights != color value the one bright light just fyi ;)

Also you can use more colors than just the standard white, white = dull so avoid it at all cost.

Textures:
A little more variation won't make your map any less fun...

what i also noted was the high contrast between the neon sign and all the rest of your map, try to avoid that in most occasions, there are better ways to get a players attention than retina burning light values.

Upvote 0