• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-N64Facility

Pt.Jones

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2015
Italy
steamcommunity.com
KF_N64_Facility_Workshop.jpg

Short Description:
A re-creation of the classic Goldeneye N64 map 'Facility', but modified to fit KF2 gameplay.

Features:

• Custom HD Textures

• Custom Animations

• Custom SFX

• Custom Objects (some destructible as well!)

• Secret Areas (Experimental)

• Fully functional randomized trader pods, weapons and ammo pickups (same locations from the original map)

• Randomized player start depending on which player slot you occupy

• Tried to be as faithful to the original, but changed a bit to fit KF2 gameplay (e.g. wider areas, more added content, etc.)

Upcoming Features:

• Bugs/Glitches Fixes

• Optimization (Lighting, Blood splatters, and merging meshes)

• More destructible objects

• Custom music

Version: Beta 4

Map Size: Medium

Recommended Difficulty:Normal or Hard

Download Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=676950914

Contributions:

Additional Sound by Zapsplot

A big special thanks to user "Luchador" from the GoldenEye Source team, for allowing me to use his HD textures!

Rare Ltd for the original awesome map!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Version 3 is live and features quite a large amount of changes and overall improvements. I am deeply sorry if I took sometime, but I was away from my home country for a while.

For the next build I am planning on making it the final for the beta. It will feature even more better optimization, and the final escape section. So please keep in mind this might take sometime.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Koudspeel;n2153309 said:
Don't worry. I've been thoroughly enjoying the beta releases so far. Cool to see you get back to it :)

That's awesome to hear Koudspeel!

So far I've finally managed to optimized the map even more, and created a basic layout of the remaining single player escape section. Still need add some textures, custom objects, and so on. Unfortunately I have to once again leave my home country, so the next beta build might get a bit delayed.

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since the last time I posted any update regarding the progression of the map. Well I am happy to say that the beta V4 is finally out and features tons of new content! Along with a re-creation of the final escape section from the single player map, lots of bugs and glitches have been fixed!

Now the only remaining stages of the map would be to optimise it as much as possible and squish any remaining bugs. Indeed these past days I have been trying to figure out why when hosting the map on a server, on some section of the map the zeds tend to become invisible. I do suspect this might to do wish some static meshes I am using on two section of the map (Final escape section and the wide cold tank room/, since deleting both of them appear to fix temporary this problem.

Nonetheless I shall continue with my investigation and hopefully fix this major issue, also if anyone might have an idea on why this is occurring feel free to contact me, any help is highly appreciated! ;)

As always I hop you all enjoy this map as much as I did on creating it!

Upvote 0