• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-MountainPass Revamp Beta

this map
C7C9BF94414DE302FE1EF67BAF80A2B8DBA37FEB

Upvote 0
Hey Endless, could we please get a Day version of the map? The map is awesome and great for kiting but the night time is visually dull and the I don't particularly like the reduced visibility. It would be amazing if you made a day version, however i understand you will be busy with your other projects:cool:

I would also like a day version, am running this version on my servers though and I love it.

Upvote 0
For some reason this map really seems out of place in KF2.

I'm not sure why; I really enjoyed it in the original game.

Friends and I played a 5 man SUI game Saturday night and I was excited to see this map on the server rotation since I hadn't played it yet in KF2.. but the overall game just felt "empty".

There's a lot of dead space in the map (which in fairness, did exist to an extent in the original version). One suggestion on the server was to have more stuff blowing around to add more atmosphere? There is also some serious pathing issues; this was especially noticeable with Hans where he got stuck on the roof above trader several times and instead of taking a direct path to the players he kept take long routes that involved going completely out of his way.

I'd also suggest adding more zed spawns - I may be wrong but I didn't see a single zed spawn on the pier down by the road near the trader.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay fellows I've been rather busy with my Uni.

Now I'm not entirely sure how the textures are broken, since when I load up the map everything seems to working fine on my end. I'll try cooking the map again with the updated SDK.

Here is the test version if anyone could try it and see if it works?

Yep, that works fine :)
Textures usually break on custom maps every time TWI adds a new map. It'll show up fine in the SDK but not in game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0