• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-MountainPass Revamp Beta

I'm so glad you did this, very nice. This was always a fun stock map in KF1. This had to be very time consuming to do all the terrain you have with all the importing and third party programs. As a side note it does makes one wonder why since UDK Has terrain functions enabled why SDK does not.

I believe this is to do with persistent blood and splatters due to the Addition UV's.

PS Nice map :)

Upvote 0
I wandered around at 4 am this morning on that lonely mountain pass and i fell around 10 times of the map xd

Which version, where about where you falling through?

Nice map, but it's a bit boring. Zeds spawn too far and walk too long to you. Very rarely they spawn on rock and jump down.

This is an issue that I've noticed and been trying to work on improving spawning.

Upvote 0
This is an issue that I've noticed and been trying to work on improving spawning.

If you take a look at my Transient Map and how I have the spawns setup there you can see how I am able to make the zeds be close enough to the player (I have over 100 spawns placed though lol)

Just make sure you have them spaced out and the properties set right so they will not spawn if so many units away from a player :)

Upvote 0
Great remake!

Just one thing, we've had two occasions where the last zed would get stuck on the overpass. Also kinda wished you did day time. Always preferred day myself, especially since this game only has night maps.

Anyways, awesome job! can't wait to see your farm remake

Thanks for the feed back, though I must ask was this on version 04 or 03?

Upvote 0
Impassable Lump

Impassable Lump

After my third or fourth playthrough, today:
I found that there is this lump, between the water drain and the hill, that players cannot walk over (Not sure if it is intentional or not).
Here's a screen I took (where my crosshair is pointing, is where the lump is):
Spoiler!

Still loving the map though, and a permanent addition to my personal server.
Keep up the good development.

Upvote 0
New update

New update

New update to version 5, the changes as follows.

KF-MountainPassR_Beta_v05:
  • Combining of Static Meshes and splatter maps
  • Reworking of pathing so zeds are no longer becoming stuck to known areas.
  • Fixed number of uneven ground that would cause players to become stuck.
  • Added wind effect, so trees and grass now sway in the slight breeze.
  • Added sound effects to doors
  • All overhead door lights are now destructible

>> Download Link <<

Last edited:
Upvote 0