• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-MetalGear

KiCk3R

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Shropshire UK
10/09/2013 - Mapping again :)

You can pick this map up from:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98576632

18/05/2012 - Development Is Starting

dev1cg.jpg

dev2y.jpg

Estimate Time Of Release: August Maybe? - I may split the map into two. So I could release the first half. :(

But so far, I am chuffed with the map. It has MGS Music, MGS Codec Conversations, and all the "What Was That Noise?" Sounds :D

12/05/2012
... So as the title suggests, I want to create a full replica of the Metal Gear Solid game in the UED.

Metal Gear Solid has completely moulded me into the gamer I am today. And I think the game is awesome.

I just don't think I can leave the editor alone for some reason. Its like a parasite that is sucking on my blood.

Anyway, so there it is. I am going to create the Metal Gear Solid levels from scratch. (This is the 1st Metal Gear Solid, the one on the PSX)

My plan, is to integrate it into KF somehow. My idea was, that the MGS base is a specimen lab that you must infiltrate. Your main enemy will actually be human bots. And I want to do it as stealthily as possible. This may require coding, in which case I will probably ask for help later on :)

metalgearsolidscreenshot.jpg

If you have any cool ideas, please share them.

Last edited:
Could someone assist me on this! I need help! :)

Bots: The annoyance of me continuing mapping.

This is what I am trying to achieve;

* A bot that follows a simple set of pathnodes and looks at a target - DONE - No problem.

* IF The bot sees a player, he is to dismiss the existing ScriptedSequence, and to go on a 10 second rampage trying to find you. After the 10 seconds, will return to patroling - NOT DONE
* IF the bot see's you, you can call an event (music etc) - NOT DONE

I have tried using KFHorzineSolider with many different Controllers, and either the bot starts with no weapons, or just stands still, or will run around doing nothing.

Could someone help me with coding this? Or do you know of a way to get the above working?

Cheers!!!

Upvote 0
The only thing I can think of that might cause you an issue is the fact that a player won't be able to stick up against the wall to look around it (at least not without alot of work, if not impossible). One idea to get the same effect might be to have it so that a player can lean around walls without actually stepping out like COD 4 did. The player wouldn'y expose themselves to the AI, but would be able to see.

OFC a major factor is whether or not you are gonna make a soliton radar :)

Got plenty of things I can think of that you would need to look at doing (like Rations and vents and things), but they seem to be relatively easy to sort out or work around. It was only that top one that truck me as a potentially difficult problem. :)

Awesome stuff though, gl with it :)

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Just an update on this to say its going great!

I have been playing Metal Gear Solid ALOT to try and get a perfect match in KF!
Unfortunately, coding wise this is a little more complicated then I envisioned. But hopefully this will get sorted!

The codec conversations sound great, Cutscenes are looking sweet! And the MGS music is spine tingling awesome! :D

I am considering releasing the map in quarters - This may speed things along for me, as I usually take a long time releasing maps - Partly because I don't have the time I used to!

Anyway, with that in mind, Its going great! And I will keep you up-to-date soon!

Cheers,
KiCk3R

Upvote 0
Alright all!

I forgot to update the main post for the link to this map.
You can find the map here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98576632

I have started to pick up the mapping process on this again! - Just started the Hangar area + the prison cells + weapons cache. Next part is the area where you fight that dude in the tank (forgot his name! - Raven I think?).

This map seems like it would be better suited to the "Gun Game" objective. So I may port that over.

So yeah, stay tuned!

Upvote 0