• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Meow

Map Name: KF-Meow (Ye right my head dont work on map names)
Beta Number: First and last beta. Next release - Final. (This week)
Playable:
Yesh.
Description of map: Small part of city in nowhere.
Map Download/Download Size: [url]http://asapload.com/230584[/URL] (8.80Mb)
Extra Info: The idea was to create a part of city by using default textures. This is my first map...in UE... :) So test it and tell if find any bugged place. (To get me on steam type in search Im Not Meow Meow and you will find me)
Sorry i have only 1 screenshot. (Its not my :p)
ss1304jul025144pm.jpg

Sorry for bad english. :/

Before I actually test this map, can I just say, you don't have to release your final map within a week of the beta. Give people time to test it properly, if bugs are found then do a beta2 and then get people to test that. Too many maps are making it to final with cringe-worthy flaws, and then the designer goes and makes v2, v2final, finalVFinalFINAL!!!11!

Also more screenshots would be good, though I do like the one you included so far

Upvote 0
I liked the map just some points. You might need to rework the speciman pathing because some specimans dont follow them. One for example is in the bank (I think it's a bank) where one of the traders are. If you have specimans in there they just wander around inside and don't really know how to get out untill you go inside the building.

Trader pathing also needs to be fixed, some parts of the map it works, mostly not though. I know it's prolly an early beta and you will add more, but around the edge of the map is totally sparce with open space. Needs some buildings or perhaps countryside buildings like farms ect, and the main town u fight in is the heart of the farmland community.

Finally some specimans will get stuck between things, 1 that I noticed is between the police cars and the police signs they are parked next to. Once they get jammed in between they just hop up and down. Still has lots of potential and it is still fun now, just gotta wait and see what you do with it. Almost reminds me of the Street map, cept a little more room, good luck!

Upvote 0
I had a good run around and it was fun to play in.

A few suggestions:
Add some zone portals and anti zone portals to split up the rendering process. It ran smoothly but this would help a lot when there is a full server with multiple bots running around.

The room with crates was a tricky place for the bots to move around in. Add some more pathnodes in there to complete the path around the crates. It's very limited at the moment.

Upvote 0
Also, if you release a new version, please make sure you change the name, as KF-Meow.rom will exist on many clients and is being added to the White List using the current version.

You can change the file name to KF-MeowV1.rom or KF-MeowBeta2.rom or KF-MeowFinal.rom, just dont leave the actual file named KF-Meow.rom or you'll have compatability issues with players and the Map White List.

Upvote 0