• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Medieval Castle_v1

pierpa86

Jul 3, 2015
Performans update 2 !
now package is little 289Mb unpacked
Near Final version

Download v5
------------------------------------
Performans update !
+ a little Ester Egg, 3 step for pro player XD

Download v4

New Fix:

more Light fix
object in texture

Estern Egg in next version
Download v3
Thz
-0-A2ra3L-0- for testing, i dont see more bug, pls report if you find other.

Download V2

UPDATE:

path node fixed
door fixed
door texture fixed
light bleeds fixed
resized wall texture from 2k to 1k for performance

--------------------------------

Hi at all ! Now is time to kill some zeds in old school mode :IS2:, this is my second work in UDK3 and i think this is the last on that engine i will go on next version UDK4, enjoy i make it with love.

this is not a map for low computer spec :D sorry but you can try and let me know performans pls

-Texture High quality (paint texture all 2k size see last pictures)
- 99% Custom Mesh
playable on any difficult with fun

because of the texture quality and the amount of new objects, the package occupies 713Mb unpacked and is on 3 files ! i will work on it if cause problem at all. i'm play with Ati 290x and overclock i5 4k and i dont have any problem, let my know if you have pls.

Download v1

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

0_1.jpg

0_3.jpg

Last edited:
Great map so far. We gave it a spin this morning and found a few things so I took some pictures.

Overall, we had a low framerate. no drops in any particular place just a little stuttery through the whole map, I'm not a map maker so I'll let someone else help with the optimizing if it needs it.

Anyway, there are two doors with reversed textures here:2015-08-09_00004.jpg

Also there are a lot of places where the light bleeds under walls and through corners, again I'm not a map maker so I don't know why or how easy it is to fix but wanted to point it out in case it is affecting the framerate etc:
2015-08-09_00002.jpg
2015-08-09_00003.jpg

The last thing is there are a couple of doors where the Zeds get stuck, especially if there are a couple of crawlers with clots trying to get through at the same time here is one:
2015-08-09_00005.jpg

The only other glitchy thing was there was no cutscene when the boss spawned, not sure why, and may have been a one off as I have only played it once so far, but I wanted to mention it.

As I said great map, my wife loves it. It will stay on our server for now at least. With a few tweaks it could be one of the best maps in the game so far. I like the dead end drops, even though they don't really make sense from a structural point of view, they add a nice "oh crap" element when you are running away from the boss and run out of floor :p

Well done

Upvote 0
lol i know to not use brush but i use modular 1 side for make wall and the light dont love it, after that problem i replace all modular 1side to solide 2side brick and problem is gone becouse 1 side dont make shadow, remake all castle is hard and dont simple but try it now i think is good. i need update to next release quick with minor bug like object floating. thz for support;)

Upvote 0
Works heaps better now (V4) I'm not sure if there is anything else you could do to make it run better again or not (small frame drops at times, not bad though)

Having fun trying to finish the easter egg, we found 2 things but can't figure out what to do after that. Will keep trying though. The map keeps getting better, thanks for your hard work

Upvote 0
from 700Mb to 300Mb XD in Content Browser you can see the size of all Texture and Mesh. size is for the res of texture (you can resize) and Too many polygons for Mesh, you can optimize mesh cutting/Optimizing it, obviously more size for texture and more polygons are more quality on video but not good for old engine like Udk3

Upvote 0
from 700Mb to 300Mb XD in Content Browser you can see the size of all Texture and Mesh. size is for the res of texture (you can resize) and Too many polygons for Mesh, you can optimize mesh cutting/Optimizing it, obviously more size for texture and more polygons are more quality on video but not good for old engine like Udk3

Oh, OK, thanks!

Upvote 0