• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Kholnee

Dragontear

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2015
Ol'Blighty.
XWD8zjz.png

"As the days pass, those fortunate enough to escape the main concentrations of these horrible things often find themselves scattered elsewhere.
As the sun lowers, those poor souls seek shelter, and fortify.
As the night falls, we hear them, baying."

= = = = = = = = = =

A 'House in the Woods' scenario. Compatible for both Survival and Versus.

Summary:
I was working on this last July-ish? Then stopped that from loss of motivation, recently ported the old structure and started anew. Began with a simple idea-thread on the forum, using this as a visual top-down plan, with the first, second and third being screenshots of the older version after some work, shortly after the Manor and it's resources were released.

Suitable for 1-6 human players, spawning inside the House itself, with Zed AI/Zed Players spawning in the further edges of the forest, breaking through thickets and derelict buildings. Generally intending for the Humans to stay within the house, welding doors/windows and trying to keep the Zeds out.

Features:
- One Trader-Pod, in the Shed North-East of the House. Helps for not getting lost.
- Possibly oppressive fog - even in darkness, clear silhouettes move.
- Two double-metal doors, each with thinner windows allowing defenders to fire upon Zeds trying to break through them, and three metal-shutters over the wide-windows that can be welded shut, blocking Zed intrusion while allowing Humans to fire through the tall gap, but Crawlers can sneak in.
- A Petrol-Generator in the Living Room that keeps the lights going, destroying this by accident or intention breaks all lights.
- A dozen or so thin-windows Humans can smash open to shoot through upon Zeds, thinning the numbers out before they reach the doors or metal shutters.
- Many destructable elements inside the House, including the Generator, Lights, various features and part of the structure itself, and others outside.
- Somewhat spacious central house with Kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom, Bedroom and two Main Hallways and a Side-Hall.
- Highly decorated interior and exterior - a hopefully believably House, surrounded by overgrown, twisting woods that have consumed the abandoned and neglected.
- Hundreds of sound-emitting trigger-volumes; Almost every cluster of bush and plant create sound, old buildings creak, broken glass crackles, shuffling paper can alert Defenders to the whereabouts of the Zeds and vice-versa. (May suggest turning music down or off)
- Several clusters of brush with gnarled roots sticking out, blocking Humans while allowing passage to Zeds, watch your flanks people.
- My attempt at a little story via 'Show, don't Tell'. Hopefully it's nice.
- Apparently lovely lighting effects. Go see.

DOWNLOAD LINK/IMAGES.

Still being actively developed, so any constructive feedback and criticism is desired and would be appreciated!

= = = = = = = = = =

Change Log:

5-7-2016(AM); Version 0.15 - Uploaded map, minor changes.

5-7-2016(PM); Version 0.16 - Fixed the North window-barricade, large Zeds could not properly attack the door-actor before. Tweaked splatter-maps, fixed Petrol-Generator and clock ambient noises, some indoor-lighting fixes, altered interior door start-positions. Added Precomputed Visibility volumes.

7.7.2016(PM); Version 0.17 - Replaced the Storage Room with Bedroom, one ammo and weapon spawn, same as before. The Storage area is now at the North side/back end of the House. Office has been replaced with a new Bathroom which has one ammo spawn inside, Office aesthetic added to the new Bedroom with the radio in there now. General addition of details, destructible objects, curtains, etc. Removed a solid csg shape that decided it'll appear in one of the Zed AI/Player spawns south of the Track-Side Derelict Structure.

8.7.2016; Version 0.18 - Fixes, removed floating objects north of the House, added dialog volumes.

9.7.2016; Version 0.19 - More tweaks here and there, mostly for statics, fixed pathing for larger zed in the Bathroom/East Hallway, updated lights, new screenshots looks a bit fancier.

17.7.2016; Version 0.20 - Path corrections for small doorways, Large Zeds should be able to access all interior rooms, static details added, grunge added. One or two things I forgot.

18.7.2016; Version 0.21 - Fixed Generator being insta-killed by ballistics (Why, Dragon?), details here and there regarding overgrowth, attempt at increasing Zed-spawn from the south, etc.

23.7.2016; Version 0.22 - Another minor update, moving a few path-nodes about/prescribed route or two, ambient emitters to better show non-access to Zed-spawn areas, added messages to tell Defenders to go back when approaching/bumping into Zed-spawn access routes.

27.7.2016; Version RC 1.0 - Bigger update! Festooned more overgrowth, updates and more details for materials, statics and such, ambient effects, sound-zones, fixed 'go back' areas for Defenders and such. CURRENT VERSION IS NOW RELEASE CLIENT, 1.0

28.7.2016; Version RC 1.1 - ...Small destructable trees crashed the map. FFFFFF. Fixed, my apologies.

2.8.2016; Version RC 1.2 - Increased the dilapidated state of the House, added details, etc.

4.8.2016; RC 1.3 - Details! Touching up.

14.8.2016; RC 1.4 - More details! Re-done the windows, Also wrecked the interior a little bit more, sorry.

23.8.2016; RC 1.5 - Ambient fx in/out of play-area, added smaller foliage around the exterior, small material/texture alterations.

28.9.2016; RC 1.6 - Replaced foliage, optimisation passes, added details, etc, takes so long.

29.10.2016; RC 1.7 - Visual updates, re-done player-customisation area, bits and pieces here and there, small fixes, etc.

31.10.2016; RC 1.8 - Optimisation pass, again, lighting things, and stuff. I don't know at this point.

04.11.2016; RC 1.9 - Because there wasn't enough overgrowth, fixing tiny things, tinkering, should be done hopefully. Also, fixed a blocking-zone error resulting in Zeds being stuck in one entry-point. CURRENT VERSION IS RC 1.9

Last edited:
Ayyye, actually saw your video not long ago, I felt it was very spiffing, thank you very much, nice to see what people might think and such through video - I can see the gameplay through somebody else's perspective. Though if I may say so, the visuals have changed quite a bit at least, and hopefully the pathing issues are fixed too for everyone. Have also updated the map recently, fixing a issue with small destructable trees crashing the map, 1.0 upload could've gone smoother. XD

Upvote 0
Updated to Version RC 1.2, please see main post for more details.

Unless there's anything major to do, at this point I 'think' the map is more or less 'done'. Yaayy... although saying that, would love to see or hear about gameplay, mechanics and any thing regarding feedback, has been and still is a lovely obsession of mine. ^^

Upvote 0