• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF keeps crashing randomly, Create Texture failed

Nimble

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
*CLASSIFIED*
Here's the bug report:

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3293 MHz with 4079MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (6644)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Bedlam <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

This is making it completely impossible to play properly with my friends, can I get some help with this? It seems to crash when we vote a new map(happens very rarely) or just randomly in the middle of the match

Thanks in Advance
Nimble

I'm getting a similar error, randomly:
(KF-Arcade-Gas-Station-FIN)

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3000 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (7533)

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- KF-Arcade-Gas-Station-FIN.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Arcade-Gas-Station <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Updated to 275.33 nVidia driver and still getting this.

Should we update DX9 or DX11?

Upvote 0
Update:

Made a few changes and things are more stable now:

1. Deleted KF system folder and verified cache.
2. Cleaned video card fan, yuck!
3. Added KF folder to exclude list for MS Security essentials.
4. Set bNeverPrecache=true & UsePrecache=False
5. Turned off anti-aliasing
6. Using Agent Wilkes as character. (Thought the steampunk DLC may be causing problems.)

Played multiplayer for 4 days(not game time) with zero problems. Last night I was playing and crashed on KF-LostCity as soon as the players are put into the game, after the ready-up screen. "...terminated killingfloor.exe in an unusual way..."

I will check the log for texture errors tonight.

Upvote 0
These crashes have become more frequent for me, they started after the bf3 beta nividia drivers, unfortunately I play bf3 so I won't be rolling back, I've recommended rolling back to a few people on here but I haven't heard if it helps fix the issue, also don't alttab, your vram usage keeps increasing each time leading to a crash, when playing in windowed vram usage slowly increases at a slower rate when switching focus

Upvote 0

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2894 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (124)

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FCanvasUtil::Flush <- UCanvas::DrawTile <- AHudBase::DrawSpriteWidget <- AHudBase::execDrawSpriteWidget <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-HillbillyHorror.HUDKillingFloor @ Function KFmod.HUDKillingFloor.DrawHudPassA : 0046) <- UObject::processEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-HillbillyHorror.HUDKillingFloor, Function KFmod.HUDKillingFloor.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Hillbilly Horror <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Was about to post new thread, but found this one. 6th? time this has happened on hillbillypos. Not on any other map. I cant get the achievement cause everytime it goes to level 10 it crashes. What am I supposed to do?

video card drivers updated.

Upvote 0
I had this problem, I tried verifying cache and it concluded 1 item had an error and repaired it, but the game kept crashing. It always worked fine so i did not know what could be. I tried reintalling, same thing. Then I saw in some topic a similar problem with a different game, the guy fixed it by deleting the file with extension ".ini", so I found "killingfloor.ini" and deleted it. The game worked, i went to the map keys and put default to create them again, as far as I was concerned it worked, just two addenda.

Scope sights and Armor/Life box were like this :

2012-11-17_00002.jpg

I managed to fix the scope by tweaking the detail options but the box is still like that. If anybody know how to fix, I canlive with it but I'd rather it to be in it's place.

Edit 20/12/12:

I found the solution to the problem I had. Uninstalled Killing Floor, went to "steamapps" erased "Killing Floor" Folder and reintalled, that easy. If someone ever get the same hitch here is how I fixed it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0