• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Japanese_Garden

Just played this and decided to download it, but decided might as well give some critiques first.
1. Sunlight is never really pure white, its much more creative and interesting to look at the map when its lit as a color; especially when its asian/serene themed such as this.

2. Forcing level music on the player using a sound file isnt a good idea, I'd make it an .ogg and include that file with your packaged zip or whatever, some people like myself dont use game music cause its distracting for the gameplay sounds.

3. You can get away with using blurry textures if you use some kind of detail texture mixed into the texture in a subtle way to compensate. KF has a package called DetailTexures_T I believe that is full of nice ones that range from rock, metal, foliage, to other things like fabric.

4. More fog would really set off the environment, that combined with a more interesting color of sunlight would make this map look more realistic by far.

5. The easiest place to camp should not be the trader too, basically encouraging campers to never move out of that bamboo building, 2 or more traders would be more ideal to force people to explore your map and be more considerate about location.

And also, never link someone to a site where they have to go through some advertisement sponsor and do a survey or some other waste of time thing so they can download it, its odd how you have 3 links but all are dead and its only been a year. Nice map though, good theme and fun for kiting.

Upvote 0