• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF "Incendiary" Content and "PostMortem" Character Packs released

I haven't posted in forever, but it's time to chime in, I suppose.

First off, the money system is good. Helps the game in every way. The new maps were nice, but have been around for quite a while now and aren't hugely changed as far as I can see.

The Mac-10 was a letdown for me. Yeah, it's a new Firebug weapon and it's decently effective, but it was a cop-out. TWI was saying that it would be an extremely unique weapon that no one would ever guess. I'm sorry, but a gun that simply has incindiary ammo isn't "unique" in my book.

Plus, one of the biggest things mentioned on the forums was how KF's weapons awesome because they were realistic and not as ridiculous as Left 4 Dead 2's "PEWPEWPEW" fire bullets. And what do they do? They add PEWPEWPEW fire bullets. *Facepalm*

The LAW being moved to Demo was a logical step, as was boosting it. But it's still useless as anything more than a gimmick. It takes up all of a demoman's weight limit and gets no bonus ammo, leaving him with the Pistol when it's out of ammo. Not worth it.

The biggest issue for me, and the biggest reason I'm not really coming back to the game is that nothing's really changed. The balance problems are almost all still there, if not WORSE, because you still have your two GOD-CLASSES:

-The Sharpshooter class still has the ability to take on every enemy easily with the Crossbow/Handcannon or EBR/Handcannon and is the definitive class amongst skilled players.

-Medics with Crossbows are still better at kiting than Thomas Edison due to their speed, better armored than the is2, and able to heal half of their health in one self-injection.

-The Commando, the only class that was really competitive with the Sharpshooter for quick target takedowns, has been nerfed. Damage was the only thing really separating the AK-47 and SCAR and that line has been blurred.
-Supports still have an overprice AA12 and severe ammo issues on Hard and up.
-Demoman still has damage and ammo issues on Hard and up. And almost all the new maps being close quarters doesn't help them. LAW, even in Demo hands, is still a gimmick weapon.
-Firebug got a nice boost, but now tends to act like a 'Commando with a Flamethrower' as one player put it.

-And of course, Berserker still SUCKS. Hard. To the point that it's a joke class to play. Medics out-tank you and out-speed you (Without having to have a melee weapon out, no less!), while almost every other class out-DPS' you from a safe distance while you have to get dangerously close to your foe to do anything. Not to mention that the Katana is still the only viable weapon.

TL;DR Summary: Sharpshooter and Medic still grossly overpowered. Firebug kinda fixed but in a lame, unimaginative way. Demoman and Support still need work. Commando nerf was uneeded and will make more players go Sharpshooter. Berserker is still a joke. LAW is still a gimmick.

I'm not coming back to KF like I was before until stuff is fixed. The game is being horribly neglected in favor of HoS and it's starting to show. This was a mini-patch that didn't fix many of the real balance issues with the classes/weapons. Maybe they'll get it right next patch... I'd really like to play a Berserker again without feeling like I could be doing a ton more as a Sharpshooter or Medic.

Most are valid points and I can surmise from your vantage point but I believe that your view is from a hard core or pro player. Even though there are many here in the community there are casual to intermediate players as well. While not exactly what everyone had hoped for I believe this update is refreshing to most KF players.

Another point I'd like to make is that while the game is very easy with skilled players even on suicidal, teaming up with novices or intermediate skilled players changes things dramatically. I was playing water works with a full team but we got killed on wave 3, now with pro players thats probably unlikely however this was with a fairly green team and surprisingly even though I died a lot more often I was having a lot of fun as well. So when I read posts regarding the game's difficulty I propose that it may not be the game is too easy it could be that the games novices or casual gamers have departed leaving a handful of dedicated players who know the levels/game-play inside and out thus reducing the difficulty exponentially.

Upvote 0
Yea, really "nice" update -_-
First: bugs with MAC10. If it fires with silencer, why other players hear an AK sounds, huh? Next, in firstperson view character holds MAC in one hand, but in thirdperson he holds it in both hands. Why? And recoil is terrible.
And what with perfomance? It's terrible too. I still remember perfect perfomance in 1011, but all updates after it... nah.

Upvote 0
First: bugs with MAC10. If it fires with silencer, why other players hear an AK sounds, huh? Next, in firstperson view character holds MAC in one hand, but in thirdperson he holds it in both hands. Why? And recoil is terrible.
And what with perfomance? It's terrible too. I still remember perfect perfomance in 1011, but all updates after it... nah.
Recoil is high because player firing it in one hand and it is .45.

Upvote 0
bugs with MAC10. If it fires with silencer, why other players hear an AK sounds, huh?
It's a known bug, it will be fixed in the upcoming update.
[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46304"][URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46304"][url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46304[/URL][/URL]

A small oversight in the weapon code.[/URL]

Next, in firstperson view character holds MAC in one hand, but in thirdperson he holds it in both hands. Why? And recoil is terrible.
This is a known bug.
[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46334"][url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46334[/URL][/URL]

This is either an animation oversight, or a last minute change for balance.
The Mac10 recoil is based on one handed firing, the high recoil balances to weapon to not be overpowered. If the Mac10 were fired with two hands the recoil would be much lower, and be way to effective.

The fact that it was updated at all was "nice" enough.

Upvote 0
People really need to stop nitpicking and crying over this update. Its not going to change anything. There is another update in the making soon enough for balance.

Yea this update did not exactly give everything we were expecting but its not the end of the world and its better than nothing at all. Why don't we all just sit down and look what it did give. Map/Slight balance fixes. Maps added to stock maps so vanilla servers have more variety. A new weapon to play with.

Who cares if the player holds it in 1 hand while it is 2 hands in 3rd, you never see youself 3rd anyways. The recoil honestly isn't even that bad, I played a couple games with it the other day and in singleshot/controlled bursts for mid-long range and I was fine. Lets just be thankful TWI listens at all unlike so many other companies.

Upvote 0
People really need to stop nitpicking and crying over this update. Its not going to change anything. There is another update in the making soon enough for balance.

Yea this update did not exactly give everything we were expecting but its not the end of the world and its better than nothing at all. Why don't we all just sit down and look what it did give. Map/Slight balance fixes. Maps added to stock maps so vanilla servers have more variety. A new weapon to play with.

Who cares if the player holds it in 1 hand while it is 2 hands in 3rd, you never see youself 3rd anyways. The recoil honestly isn't even that bad, I played a couple games with it the other day and in singleshot/controlled bursts for mid-long range and I was fine. Lets just be thankful TWI listens at all unlike so many other companies.
Stop crying over people who cry. It is their right to cry over an update.

Upvote 0
Stop crying over people who cry. It is their right to cry over an update.

I'm not crying over it, just saying. To me at least, I feel that the people crying over stuff is making the rest of the community look bad to the devs.

TWI still supports the game and is giving out free updates but then we have people nagging or getting upset about it because it doesn't include something or didn't fulfill their expectations. If you have ever created something; a map, a mod, or something in real life and no matter how good or bad it is, if people insult/criticize it with no input, it feels very degrading.

Upvote 0
i personally don't see things like reporting obvious bugs as crying. i also don't see people being critical of what the update lacked as bad thing.....so long as they at least also acknowledge the positive things that resulted from the update. of course you can always be critical without "crying"....far too many people commonly make the mistake that being critical is the same as "whining" or "crying" or being negative for the sake of being negative. granted it also depends on how those feelings are conveyed.....example, raging with curse words resulting in "******"s all over the place might not be seen in the same light as a calm, well-thoughtout and logical post. ;)

Upvote 0
well i've always liked KF and dont complain about it, but i'm gonna have a little cry
cos before i've had a chance to check out all the new changes - which sound great esp damage related money - the one thing that bothered me remains.
your highlighted server when the browser updates changes.
you have to be really quick or wait till it finished, its a pain in the arse.
if it can be done, please fix it - just for me.

Upvote 0
i personally don't see things like reporting obvious bugs as crying. i also don't see people being critical of what the update lacked as bad thing.....so long as they at least also acknowledge the positive things that resulted from the update. of course you can always be critical without "crying"....far too many people commonly make the mistake that being critical is the same as "whining" or "crying" or being negative for the sake of being negative. granted it also depends on how those feelings are conveyed.....example, raging with curse words resulting in "******"s all over the place might not be seen in the same light as a calm, well-thoughtout and logical post. ;)

This. I'm not talking about bug reports, but all these threads that pop up containing so many curse words, and phrases like "YOU Ruined the game" is just really uncalled for. Complaining is ok but no need to be so immature about it.

Upvote 0