• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Homestead

Seanchaoz

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 29, 2016
Denmarkia
www.synchaoz.com
Back in 2016 I made a small test map as a proof of concept of a highly destructible map environment. It was nothing more than a single small room intended for video recording.

Now the concept has spawned a full-fledged Farmhouse style map where *nearly* everything can be shot, broken, smashed and blown apart.

Welcome to...
4Syt64i.jpg

Note: Map stability/functionality is not guaranteed, as Killing Floor 2 is designed primarily for static environments.​

15746E790CAE6086DC80B1E977017E414D7442D3

AF89E256D40E1ADB36258DBC134CFFB9B7C30AF6

C59FDFC09DB6AB90F66CBC38476DDEA97BE43CF9

4B780B7545B57239E3799B197F2A4F73BBE3D1F8

FA75D7877695A8961225A99B6B4AC4A794C653CD

For the technically interested:

Homestead features 40+ unique destructible actors, not counting lights and alternate versions of the same actor. If variant actors and lights are included, the count climbs to 55+. The total amount of destructibles placed in the map is several hundreds.
All of these actors are "vanilla" friendly - they are made using only what can be found in the official TWI map packages, which means you can copy them directly into your own custom map without any compatibility issues (a small honorary mention in your map credits would be appreciated if you do ;)

To those who might be interested, a 'sandbox' version of the map can be supplied which is a stripped down version with no spawn volumes (zed never spawn) and all pickups removed (ammo, weapons, collectibles). This version is ideal if you wish to record video or just feel like playing around and blow up the world in your own time.

Reactions: Fok
mikkou;n2290604 said:
Ah a friend showed me the video a while back, looks pretty amazing. Definately gotta try this map at some point.

Cheers bud! The reception on Steam so far has been pretty overwhelmingly positive. I had a feeling people would dig the idea of all the destruction, but I didn't think it would turn out as popular as it did.

Upvote 0
I did actually try the map with a bunch of friends a while back and I must admit it pretty satisfying seeing all the splinter fly when things go boom. Almost too satisfying, found myself sometimes wasting precious ammo just destroying things.

Ive noticed people dont really comment on the map threads here anymore, but I guess theres not really any need to come here now that we have workshop.

Upvote 0
Aye I've always loved destruction in games. Ever since I was a child, I'd build things in lego or snow or sand, like small villages and crap only to wreck it all. It's always fascinated me deeply - not seeing people get hurt - but inanimate objects splintering and shattering, hell yes! I've started an early draft of a Manor-style map now based on the same destruction core design, might grab some video shots of the early stages.

And yeah the forums here went very quiet shortly after Steam workshop support was added. I think many people still come by to check threads but just don't bother posting much anymore.

Upvote 0
I always check a new map when someone posts here, I´m just not good at reviewing :D I really like the map but the lag is a thing here. I hate to see that when someone creates something original and cant move on or expand because of the limits of the enegine. Right now I have really huge problem on my map where I have 25k path nodes and I can´t move on, the map is a huge project that wont see the day of light for at least two months or even longer. Would be cool to somehow change the radius of the nodes.

Upvote 0