• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-GrooveYard

Hey guys,I don't know how to add all the custom stuff in the .kfm however this map is tested on 3 different dedicated servers and if you place the RockRoom folder with .kfm and all the custom content inside the maps folder on your server it should work with no problems...I honestly haven't had any problems running it on servers so idk.
I'm making one last update tonight so you might wanna wait till tomorrow...it's removing a few annoying bugs we found playtesting,and making the trader far easier to reach.
Hope I helped you with the server thing and thx for the feedback :)

Upvote 0
No Offense but its waaay to big. Like getting 10.000 Points in a test instead of 100.
You could make at least 2 smaller maps outta it.
For example the room with the drums as 1 map(hint hint) or maybe a normal sized map -the vents.

- Also everything a Air vent opens you hear it across the whole map its not set at the location. Also the pathing into the ice vent doesnt seem to work. As soon as you enter and the vent closes the Zeds turn away and look for another path.

- When i jump down from the first floor to the ground floor i get zero fall damage.

Still very impressive and alot of new interessting features.
Well done.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,I don't know how to add all the custom stuff in the .kfm however this map is tested on 3 different dedicated servers and if you place the RockRoom folder with .kfm and all the custom content inside the maps folder on your server it should work with no problems...I honestly haven't had any problems running it on servers so idk.:IS2::cool::cool::cool:
I'm making one last update tonight so you might wanna wait till tomorrow...it's removing a few annoying bugs we found playtesting,and making the trader far easier to reach.

I uploaded the map as given (all content in the Rock Room folder) into my server and it doesn't work :(

I think it will work for those who have the files placed on their computer, but not server hosted. I hope you can figure it out soon becuase this pack sounds like a good time! I will try this in solo :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I uploaded the map as given (all content in the Rock Room folder) into my server and it doesn't work :(

I noticed first time you play a new map it does take longer in the loading screen..it was the same to me in official maps when kf2 got out.
So maybe hold on for the first loading screen until you're actually in the map....I bet the second time joining it won't take so long.
The map has a lot of stuff in it and it takes some time for your comp to load all of it XD.
But I believe you'll find it's worth the wait ;)

Upvote 0
No Offense but its waaay to big. Like getting 10.000 Points in a test instead of 100.
You could make at least 2 smaller maps outta it.
For example the room with the drums as 1 map(hint hint) or maybe a normal sized map -the vents.

- Also everything a Air vent opens you hear it across the whole map its not set at the location. Also the pathing into the ice vent doesnt seem to work. As soon as you enter and the vent closes the Zeds turn away and look for another path.

- When i jump down from the first floor to the ground floor i get zero fall damage.

Still very impressive and alot of new interessting features.
Well done.

Thus the update tonight hehe...fixed the bugs so try it tommorow.
As for the smaller size...it started that way...the room with the drum is actually RockRoom I made many times before...you can google it.
This time however I decided to expand it to oblivion and give the players (me) the ultimate "have fun and enjoy" map.
Thx for the feedback...

Upvote 0
I uploaded the new version of the map.
Here are the stats:
- Modified RoosterBooster so players can use it every 4 sec eliminating the godmode bug in multiplayer.
- removed the cutscenes after waves cause it gave an unsolvable FOV bug,so now you'll be able to use boosters and skateboards from the beginning of the map, gravity is still activated in wave 5 and lights go out in wave 9.
- removed 4 trader pods cause I never liked em anyway XD
Now there's only 1 trader but I implemented a way for the player to reach it in time even from the far end of the map.
You can play worry free,you will get to the trader in time...not gonna spoil the surprise of what I did but when you see it...you will know what to do ;)
- removed the safety net from the upper floor cause now there is no need to rush to the trader.
- removed the annoying vent door sound

Still haven't found the time or the energy to record vocals for the song Killing floor, will probably do that somewhere next week,need to growl and now I sound like a kitty cat so it's a no go.

You can dl the map here: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-grooveyard

Upvote 0
You did RockRoom for KF2 aswell? I only found KF1 & l4d stuff.

How exactly do the spawn points work on ur map?
When i camp in the dance floor room will the only spawn around me in that room or will they spawn where ever they want and walk to me?

Cause if that feature works the map size wouldnt be a problem for 6 slot servers. :D

I spend some time on ur map today and noticed some pathing that doesnt work so well.

When i stay on the table they bug below it:
http://i.imgur.com/BmvmtDF.jpg

They also fall off the chairs trying to reach me. The can only reach u over the shotgun.
http://i.imgur.com/nk7hofn.jpg

When i stay in here they spawn to 90% behind the web only coming from 1 direction.
http://i.imgur.com/AQUdTje.jpg

Zeds fall down when they wanna walk over to the wall, ignoring the path next to me.
http://i.imgur.com/4pjTA5z.jpg

Aswell they bug down there(Next to the pulverizer and on the left next to the foot)
http://i.imgur.com/5y5tVLE.jpg

Being here makes em run away from you. They just turn around and go another way.
http://i.imgur.com/qc2cyK2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hehehe...nono,I started making RockRoom for kf2...it's the current GrooveYard.
It's what I always do when I start mapping in a new engine I never worked in, make a room and fill it with cool stuff you discover while learning about the new engine.
That's actually how all the Rock rooms were made...it was me learning about the engine I worked on.
As for the bug report thanks,I'll keep in mind to solve these places in the next update.
Spawn point I made and have control over(meaning they can spawn whenever no matter if player is close(cause player can't see them anyway)) are all the flower pots in the room(the flowers start to move as the zeds spawn in them...really cool feature), the drain in the toilet and in the bar ( basically it's tripwires sewer spawn I just made the drain model that fitted their sewer hole)
and the bushes outside where you first spawn.
Other then that spawn volumes are around the entire map and the game chooses which to use for spawning...I have no control over that, by default it should spawn as close to the player as possible.
However I am having some ideas with making zeds come out of M79, beer bottles etc.
But that's in future updates, wanna make it as cool and interactive as I possibly can.

If you want you're welcome to join my server at 5.9.98.236:7887 or browse for GrooveYard map...it's hosting 24/7.
Three servers: GrooveYard, Drunky's Server, Bambi Gaming
We're doing testing there mostly around evenings,deciding what would be a cool and useful feature to add etc.
Since it public anyone can join really...come,we'll have some fun :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh my god. This is the craziest custom map I've ever seen and I freakin' love it.

KF1 characters dancin' , big hologram traders, the SKATEBOARD which I rode around and saw DJ Scully DJing, this map actually made me say "WOO!" out loud. :D

And I love the song too, now it's gonna be stuck in my head all week.

Upvote 0
This map is overloaded with wackiness. It's fun and quite impressive what all you put into it.

I think it may be a bit too big with too much going on though. The Zeds easily get lost and you can outrun the final one forever and never see it. But maybe that is your intent.

Love the piano! Very nice touch. I also love rat maps so there's an extra plus.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,I don't know how to add all the custom stuff in the .kfm however this map is tested on 3 different dedicated servers and if you place the RockRoom folder with .kfm and all the custom content inside the maps folder on your server it should work with no problems...I honestly haven't had any problems running it on servers so idk.

That is exactly what I did.
Wich server do you use as a download redirect? I am using apache on linux and had to rename a few files to all lowercase letters. Otherwise when joining the server I got an error message like the one in the attached files.
After everything got downloaded and I join the map almost all textures are missing. See attached files.

Attachments

• 2016-01-28_00001.jpg
    2016-01-28_00001.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-28_00004.jpg
    2016-01-28_00004.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-28_00006.jpg
    2016-01-28_00006.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-28_00007.jpg
    2016-01-28_00007.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-28_00008.jpg
    2016-01-28_00008.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This map is overloaded with wackiness. It's fun and quite impressive what all you put into it.

I think it may be a bit too big with too much going on though. The Zeds easily get lost and you can outrun the final one forever and never see it. But maybe that is your intent.

Love the piano! Very nice touch. I also love rat maps so there's an extra plus.

Yeah we did some testing and it seems the last few zeds always spawn far away from you...haven't really found any reason why that is or means to change that since I have no control over these spawns and kf seams to be built pretty auto maintainable...put a spawm volume and the game choses which to use.
I am however gonna try and see if I can make all the zeds spawn as close to the player as possible...or make them use that kf2 zed teleport they implemented into the game,that would be useful here.
As for the size,it's kinda hard wanting to make huge rooms without them being huge hehe...I could have limit myself ofc to 1 room but since I already did that in the past I really wanted to go ape**** on this one ;)
I did however think about player faster movement and added skate,boosters and also had a chopper in earlier version but had to remove it cause zeds couldn't reach it making it too easy hehe.
Also gonna try and add some zip lines and maybe a toy train or a toy car of some sort looping in circle around the rooms to increase movement and fun levels...
All in all just wanted to make a map where you can have fun simply by jumping around the rooms hehe...killing stuff is a welcome bonus ofc ;)

Upvote 0
That is exactly what I did.
Wich server do you use as a download redirect? I am using apache on linux and had to rename a few files to all lowercase letters. Otherwise when joining the server I got an error message like the one in the attached files.
After everything got downloaded and I join the map almost all textures are missing. See attached files.

Hey didn't really had time to play with the redirect yet but I got a friend who's very good with all these server things so I'll ask him to figure it out.
If he gets his redirect to work properly I'll post a link to it here so everybody csn use it...he always has all the custom maps on it anyway so...
From the look of the pictures I would say you're missing the combined meshes package which contains all the walls,floors,cellings.
Will let you know when we get stuff working on how we did it and all.

Upvote 0

Hello, I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if it went through? My sent folder is empty...

I'd like to ask how you got custom sounds on your map? Specifically, what trigger did you use to get custom music on the dance floor? I can't find much info on this in Google.

I'd like to add a custom soundtrack to my map, so I thought I'd ask someone who has successfully done it.

Upvote 0
Hello, I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure if it went through? My sent folder is empty...

I'd like to ask how you got custom sounds on your map? Specifically, what trigger did you use to get custom music on the dance floor? I can't find much info on this in Google.

I'd like to add a custom soundtrack to my map, so I thought I'd ask someone who has successfully done it.

Hey,sure np.
Import your custom song,make sure it's .wave cause unreal deals with wave files.
Then select it in your browser,save it in your package,right click on the map where you want it and choose add ambient sound simple.
If you double click it you will get it's properties where you can set up volume min/max and sound radius min and max.min represets the full heard sound and max where sound is heard from a distance and is getting louder as you aproach the min circle.
That's basicly it,can't wait to try out your map...love wolfenstein! :)

Upvote 0
Oh my god. This is the craziest custom map I've ever seen and I freakin' love it.

KF1 characters dancin' , big hologram traders, the SKATEBOARD which I rode around and saw DJ Scully DJing, this map actually made me say "WOO!" out loud. :D

And I love the song too, now it's gonna be stuck in my head all week.

I am very glad you like it :)

Upvote 0