• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-GoldenEyeBunker

denoflions

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
I've recreated the Bunker level from Goldeneye 64 as faithfully as I can.

Here are some screenshots from a few versions ago: http://imgur.com/a/XzCqE

This map has custom trader wave music, sounds, and a custom trader pod.

This map also contains a couple of Goldeneye themed easter eggs waiting to be found.

Goals of this map

1. Be as faithful to the source material as possible.
  2. Go above and beyond giving the map that nostalgia kick.
  3. Prevent there from being a single 'camp spot' as much as possible. All rooms are viable to hold as are the hallways if you're brave enough.

Possible Trader songs:

1. Goldeneye 64 - theme song
  2. Goldeneye 64 - Bunker level music
  3. Goldeneye 64 - Level select screen music

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. Custom sounds/music don't obey any sort of volume control in KF2's options. (could use a hand here if someone knows how to do this.)

Current Version: Beta 9

Changelog:
  1. Fixed that camera again. Not sure how it got reverted.
  2. Removed the random floating clipboards in one of the rooms.

Credits - Also embedded in the level in a hidden room.
Spoiler!

Next mapping project: Goldeneye 64 - Complex.

Last edited:
Please post a comment when you release a new version.

I downloaded the Beta 5 and didn't know you had released Beta 6!

Only sheer chance led me to open this thread again and discover that you did!

Will do. There will be a beta 7 at some point tonight or tomorrow that addresses the crazy lighting. Trying to nail down what exactly causes the lag in that one hallway intersection at the moment...

Upvote 0
Beta 8 has been posted.

BETA 8 Changelog:

1. Fixed a boomstick jump spot where zeds could not path.
  2. Fixed misplaced camera.
  3. Changed screen in main chamber to be less ugly.
  4. Added more decorations.
  5. Fixed a shadow spot under a door in the back corridor.
  6. Toned down the jail zed spawner slightly.
This may very well be the last beta version unless someone finds a major problem. I'll let the beta stay open another week before doing final release.

Projected final release date: May 16th, 2015.

Upvote 0
The map looks like it's pretty accurate to the game, good job dude. Can't wait to play it. Can I ask how you added custom music? Trying to get custom music in my map, too.

Its a bit of a process, but it goes something like this:

1. Convert your songs to uncompressed wav files (free program Audacity can do this)
  2. Import them into your map via the content browser.
  3. Right click the songs in the content browser and hit "Edit using sound previewer" and pick a compression level. I went with 20.
  4. Right click empty space in the content browser and create a new sound cue. I used one cue, but you could do one per song if needed.
  5. Click your song/songs in the browser and right click in the cue editor. Add the node(s) for the songs and link to the speaker. You may need a random node if you have multiple. Close the cue editor. Bunker's cue file looks like this.
  6. Set up Kismet via View -> UnrealKismet and configure it to play your songs however you like. Bunker's kismet looks like this.
If you need something more reactive, this is how Bunker does the death noise from Goldeneye 64's multiplayer. The death event node is set to Players Only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its a bit of a process, but it goes something like this:

1. Convert your songs to uncompressed wav files (free program Audacity can do this)
  2. Import them into your map via the content browser.
  3. Right click the songs in the content browser and hit "Edit using sound previewer" and pick a compression level. I went with 20.
  4. Right click empty space in the content browser and create a new sound cue. I used one cue, but you could do one per song if needed.
  5. Click your song/songs in the browser and right click in the cue editor. Add the node(s) for the songs and link to the speaker. You may need a random node if you have multiple. Close the cue editor. Bunker's cue file looks like this.
  6. Set up Kismet via View -> UnrealKismet and configure it to play your songs however you like. Bunker's kismet looks like this.
If you need something more reactive, this is how Bunker does the death noise from Goldeneye 64's multiplayer. The death event node is set to Players Only.

Much appreciated, dude. Thanks for the concise explanation.

Upvote 0
Good map.. Everyone on the server comments positive on the custom music. One request, the music is LOUD. Could you volume it down some.

Its already reduced quite a bit, but I can turn it down more I guess. Maybe its because I don't use headphones, but it doesn't seem louder than any other sound effect.

If I turn it down much further I have to crank my speakers to even hear that its working.

Upvote 0
Meehh.. Orginal & creative ugly map

Hmm, an account with only 4 posts, 3 of them criticizing others' mods/maps.

I can't tell if you're a troll or genuinely an unpleasant person.

Or maybe you're using a secondary account to hide who you really are?

(I know that admins/moderators can see IP addresses, but most likely he/she is using a proxy/VPN, so that can't help.)

Upvote 0
Its already reduced quite a bit, but I can turn it down more I guess. Maybe its because I don't use headphones, but it doesn't seem louder than any other sound effect.

If I turn it down much further I have to crank my speakers to even hear that its working.

It may be only certain headphones. I'm using a sound blaster tactic rage.

Upvote 0

The music on my end actually sounds a little on the quiet side, not sure what the deal is for him.

Upvote 0
This map have a big problem, the spawn point is too far from the pods sometimes. As a medic, it's easy to run when I respawn but, with other perk...
People just don't have the time to reach the pod.

As a support I've never had trouble making it to the pods. Even when I'm outside and the pod is in the jail. Awareness of where the pod is may help you as the radar shows the general direction and distance to the next one during the wave.

Upvote 0