• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Going Underground

Psycho_Sam

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Birmingham, UK
www.rawgames.co.uk

overview.png

Day 3

Three days ago the Specimen outbreak hit the streets of London. The Metropolitan Police and Armed forces are trying to evacuate what survivors they can out of London to refugee camps. However with the roads blocked an alternative means of transportation is required.

Your task is to enter the nearby Underground station and clear the tunnel network. Underground staff shut the system down when they evacuated, so you need to locate the power grids in order to restore lighting and track power. We also need you to locate a working train which we will need to evacuate the survivors, a squad had already been sent down to investigate however we have received no contact from them for several hours.

Good luck and god speed, you never know what lurks in the darkness…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current release: KF_Going Underground Beta 3

credits.png

Level Design - Sam "Psycho" Cobley
Artwork - Sam "Pantsburgh" Palpants
Testing - <AKA> Clan, Tyborg, Alex

download.png

RedOrchestra.pl mirrors
.exe
.zip
.7z

servers.png

PM me to add your server here!

screenshots.png

Gallery Here

Last edited:
Hey

Hey

Just gave it a whirl. Love the work. It looks great. I found one major exploit. I see Maksimus did also above; however, he did not elaborate. The screen shots show you the area. You can get into the counters. If you huddle up to the tower they loose sight of you when you crouch. If you just have a chainsaw or Katana then you do not even have to leave. I first found it by looking at the door. I had not welded anything yet. I thought goodies inside.:D Nope just a room. So I decided to play a couple rounds and fought them off. I found myself backed up into the corner and before long I was in the counter. I was like wow. So you weld the door and when they break it down you just camp right there. Because if your inside the door starts out welded again. So in other words might want to fix the counter with a blocking volume.

The map in general is big and amazing. I love the tunnels. I think you could just do a map with them only. Fighting back and forth in the cars and around in connecting tunnels. Good job it was a fun map. I need to play it with more people.

One more thing. The Horizone Glass is unbreakable. Which is fine. It would be cool if you could break them; however then you could not defend the rooms very well. It does give you more run around room if you need it though. Duck into the room and break out through the window.

Good luck and I look forward to playing this map more.

aunderground1.jpg

MY FAVORITE!!! PISS OF THE FLESHPOUNDER AND LET HIM FIGHT AND KILL EVERYTHING. BTW THE SCRAKE WON.

aunderground2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really nice looking map. The idea that you can turn the lights on is really refreshing the gameplay. I would love to see a Story Map of this.

Here a some bugs i found:
I alway drop down through this escalator.

Not very far away from the above bug, there is a door which enemies can not open by themselves. (its NOT welded)

This door WAS welded. I opened it to activate the lights. Enemies cant pass the door. They just stand there staring at me.

And here is an exploit where you can hide behind some crates.

Hope that will help a little to make this map final. Good work so far :)

Upvote 0