• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF - Going Underground

Three days ago the Specimen outbreak hit the streets of London. It is still not know what they are or where they came from, the only priority at the moment is survival. The Metropolitan Police force and Armed forces are trying to evacuate what survivors they can out of London to refugee camps. However with the roads blocked with rubble and burning cars an alternative means of transportation is required, underground.

A squad has already been sent down to secure the station and bring a train into the station ready for the survivors. However we have received no contact from them for several hours but due to their location they may just be out of radio contact. Find the squad and assist them if you can, if they are compromised you need to get that train into the station and secure the area for the evacuation and quickly, there are a lot of vulnerable people relying on you to get them to safety.

Good luck and god speed, you never know what lurks in the darkness

OMG Check this :)

London lays in ruins, 12 months of constant warfare has rendered this once great city to a doom riden hideout for the speciems. Now in the depth of night your team must embark on a mission taking you into the dark and dank subway systems in an aim to clear out the dreaded speciems. Will there be light at the end of the tunnel or will darkness prevail? sadely only time will tell. Good luck trooper and gods speed.

Level summary of my latest map planned for beta release later today.

Ouch! :)

We will definitly have to link stations lol .

EDIT:

Gonna rewrite mine 8)

Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OMG Check this :)

London lays in ruins, 12 months of constant warfare has rendered this once great city to a doom riden hideout for the speciems. Now in the depth of night your team must embark on a mission taking you into the dark and dank subway systems in an aim to clear out the dreaded speciems. Will there be light at the end of the tunnel or will darkness prevail? sadely only time will tell. Good luck trooper and gods speed.

Level summary of my latest map planned for beta release later today.

Ouch! :)

We will definitly have to link stations lol .

EDIT:

Gonna rewrite mine 8)

Filthy.

Look forward to playing it. :)

Upvote 0
If that's your current description, I figured I'd give you the heads-up about mistakes in the text. Not being a native english speaker either I could be wrong or miss something. Sorry if that sounds condescending, that's not the goal: just to let you release your map with a correct description.

1- Not 100% sure, but I believe you should use "lies in ruins" instead.
2- 12 months are plural, but then again not 100% sure
3&4- Specimens, unless there's something I'm missing here
5- Sadly, isn't it?
6- While I don't think it's wrong, God speed is the correct phrasing I think.

Maybe a native can help us out?

Upvote 0
If that's your current description, I figured I'd give you the heads-up about mistakes in the text. Not being a native english speaker either I could be wrong or miss something. Sorry if that sounds condescending, that's not the goal: just to let you release your map with a correct description.

1- Not 100% sure, but I believe you should use "lies in ruins" instead.
2- 12 months are plural, but then again not 100% sure
3&4- Specimens, unless there's something I'm missing here
5- Sadly, isn't it?
6- While I don't think it's wrong, God speed is the correct phrasing I think.

It's godspeed. The rest you got right.

wow, you're as bad as my girlfriend for spelling correction.

Either contribute to the thread or gtfo of the forums and stop trolling.

Upvote 0
If that's your current description, I figured I'd give you the heads-up about mistakes in the text.
if you want to correct his writing, your missing a lot, ill be glad to help since i just got an A in English 102 in college. I'm not really good at spelling since that's what spell check is for,but ill do a grammar check.

The following is correct grammar and spelling, I think

Three days ago, the specimen outbreak hit the streets of London. It is still not known what they are, or where they came from. The only priority at the moment is survival (for who? this is a fragment). The Metropolitan Police force and Armed forces are trying to evacuate what survivors they can out of the London to refugee camps. However, with the roads blocked with rubble and burning cars, means that an alternative meathod of transportation is required (,) underground. ( i dont know about this part, maybe refrase it? or you can take out the , before underground. I think i rephrased it good for you)

A squad has already been sent down to secure the station and bring a train into the station which is ready for the survivors. However, we have received no contact from them for several hours. Due to their location they may just be out of radio contact.(<- I would rephrase this) Find the squad and assist them if you can. If they are compromised you need to get that train into the station and secure the area for the evacuation and quickly. There are a lot of vulnerable people relying on you to get them to safety.

Good luck and God's speed. You never know what lurks in the darkness…
I hope this helps

and yes story mode is supported, I would check out this link so you can figure out how to make sequential trader points.

http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/tutorials/20.html

this link is used for turning on/off spawn points, but you can do the same with the trader points

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you want to correct his writing, your missing a lot, ill be glad to help since i just got an A in English 102 in college. I'm not really good at spelling since that's what spell check is for,but ill do a grammar check.

hum, dunno what an English 102 is but it doesn't seem to assess your reading skills since you clearly didn't notice the post I corrected isn't the one you quoted.

Well, so much for trying to be helpful if I just get thrown that back at my face...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hum, dunno what an English 102 is but it doesn't seem to assess your reading skills since you clearly didn't notice the post I corrected isn't the one you quoted.

Well, so much for trying to be helpful if I just get thrown that back at my face...
ok i know your not a native so you might not know what GRAMMAR is. You checked his spelling, not his gammar. :mad: and you did a horrible job too because you missed some

Also i posted a helpful link for him, thx for staying on topic

Look up what the word GRAMMAR means b4 you comment

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok i know your not a native so you might not know what GRAMMAR is. You checked his spelling, not his gammar. :mad: and you did a horrible job too because you missed some

Also i posted a helpful link for him, thx for staying on topic

Look up what the word GRAMMAR means b4 you comment

HELLO! I did not check ANYTHING on the post you quoted, I corrected the post of JustFilth not PsychoSam. Reading my second post would have been nice aswell.

PS: in case you don't know, all other languages also happen to feature grammar rules. Why don't you look up RESPECT instead, maybe you could learn something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0